Senior Product Marketing Manager at Root
What you'll do.
- You’ll be the Marketing leader at the table with Product, Design, Sales, Account Management, Analytics, and Engineering at every phase of product development. You’ll be the expert, communicating the benefits of the product as you partner with Creative to execute on your Marketing roadmap to enable sales and deliver exceptional quality and achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Lead: Assess and prioritize strategy and implementation plans, balancing customer, partner carrier and Root benefits with cost and resource needs. Represent a business line with Product and Marketing Leadership. Engage and empower others, inspiring cross-functional teams (and future direct reports), excelling at relationship management. Establish and oversee scope of work for external agency and media plan. (Future: Hire, train, retain, and develop exceptional product marketers.)
- Explore: Leverage (and gather) insights to identify market opportunities. Bring key consumer and Root Marketing insights and learnings to the forefront of team discussions. Understand the broader internal and external consumer/customer context, ask good questions, and push strategic thinking. Partner with Product teams to influence the roadmap and departmental strategy. Establish Marketing KPIs and provide recommendations to the cross-functional team on opportunities to improve performance.
- Plan: Recommend value propositions, consumer experiences, and cross-channel marketing strategies, balancing customer and partner benefits with Root business, cost, and resource needs. Straddle the line of art and science, strategically considering ways to iteratively test, measure, and optimize the user experience (A/B & multivariate). Bridge Product initiatives and Marketing priorities, proactively connecting cross-functional teams from both directions. Maintain Product Marketing roadmaps.
- Execute: Refine and deliver on action plans, collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders. Provide guidance and direction on creative briefs and work side-by-side with Product Design, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing Creative leadership to guide the creation and delivery of assets across all phases of marketing, including lead generation and nurturing, conversion, customer communications, etc. Manage projects and timelines to deliver on time and with exceptional quality.
- Analyze: Establish program KPIs and provide recommendations to the cross-functional team on opportunities to improve business performance. Continuously optimize ROI over time through rapid experimentation and iteration.
What will help you be successful.
- 8+ years of experience launching and scaling marketing programs. Experience in B2B product marketing, independently leading strategic positioning efforts, and GTM strategy, and B2B sales strategy and best practices strongly preferred.
- Passion for driving business results, with expertise in designing highly effective (and efficient) multi-channel, lead generation, consumer acquisition, or lifecycle marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative teams, with an ability to drive marketing strategy and translate business marketing plans into clear and actionable creative requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to edit technical copy as well as consumer focused..
- Able to think strategically with an understanding of holistic marketing planning and execution.
- Superior cross-functional collaboration skills. Able to easily context switch based on audience, translate needs from one team to another, and influence stakeholders to achieve alignment. Thrives in cross-functional/matrixed environments.
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing. Able to independently analyze data, as well as partner with Analysts and Data Scientists to uncover deeper insights. Experience running A/B & multivariate testing is highly preferred.
- Comfortable creating structure from ambiguity; a highly motivated self-starter.
- Experience managing and motivating others, guiding others’ professional development.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field. MBA or graduate degree preferred.