Senior Product Marketing Manager
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Manager of Product Marketing will be focused on helping ShopRunner deliver great products to our customers and creating a plan for how to do so at scale.
This includes working with Product and Engineering early in the development process to align on product/market fit, and also collaborating across the Marketing, Support and Sales teams to make sure the world knows about these new products and features. This person will work closely with Product Management to define and quantify the market opportunity, pricing and packaging, and the value proposition and positioning of our Retailer facing products. This person will also lead the creation of foundational launch materials such as messaging, demos and other sales support materials, as well as evergreen product marketing strategies to drive adoption of our product suite.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Product team and executive management to create the high-level story arc on product portfolio, and go-to-market strategies for each product therein.
- Architect Product Marketing processes—i.e. How Product marketing will collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Research during development and Sales, Partner Success, Analytics, and Product on go-to-market strategy.
- Develop Product Marketing strategies at both the foundational and differentiating levels:
- Create master deck slides for Sales and Partner Success team to use when pitching our ENT products
- Create one-page documents to be shared as needed with prospects and partners, and included on our Partner Developer Wiki
- Create a sales and account marketing enablement document and process. The document should contain details on what the product is, why the partner will benefit, what the work required is to implement, any case study details resulting from live partners, and FAQ
- Create product positioning and messaging for our ENT product portfolio
- Determine where and how ShopRunner should be showing up to break through the crowded B2B retail technology space, i.e. conferences, case studies, thought leadership, content marketing, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with PR, Brand, Sales, Partner Success, and Analytics to execute on these opportunities by product, measure their success, and evolve strategy based on learnings
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7+ years of experience in B2B product marketing (ecommerce experience is ideal)
- Strong Communication Skills. You can distill complex information into actionable insights for diverse audiences. You are adept at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and translating into various media (PowerPoint, Keynote, case studies, etc.).
- Cross-Functional Player. You can work with diverse stakeholders to understand requirements, set expectations, and report progress. You are excited to collaborate with various team members from product managers to sales professionals.
- Analytical Acumen. You understand value drivers within retail / ecommerce and are capable of partnering with Product and Analytics to determine the most salient data points articulating the value of a Product and develop a plan to tease out those data points.
- Retail Knowledge. In-depth understanding of the retail / ecommerce landscape, challenges, opportunities, and drivers; ability to craft a compelling story about the impact a product will have on a partner’s ecommerce business.
- Bias for Action. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen.
- Enthusiasm. You are excited about working in a startup environment but are unfazed by the ambiguity and dynamic culture that come with it.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.