Paylocity is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and results-oriented Senior Public Relations Manager to heighten our communication strategy through a variety of external channels. This role will offer the opportunity to create thoughtful, differentiated, market-focused content; dive deep into communications strategies; make a difference using data to drive company communications; and work on projects alongside senior leaders. Paylocity’s marketing team launched a refreshed brand and new company website in March 2020. The company has recently appeared in Forbes, Fortune (#9 Fastest Growing Companies), CNN Business, CEO World, Technori, eMarketer, Crain’s Chicago Business, IT Pro and received awards including Great Place to Work Certified, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Highest Rated Cloud Companies to Work For, G2 Leader & Top 100 Software Companies, and many more.
- Build and execute the company’s earned and social media strategy; manage direct report responsible for social media execution.
- Manage PR agency relationship, including budgets, calendars and KPIs.
- Align messaging and timing across all functional areas.
- Establish relationships with key publishers/editors/influencers/analysts in the HR and payroll and software/technology industries.
- Drive the timely distribution of press releases.
- Lead and/or support projects that can vary in size and scope and ensure communication plans and deliverables align to business partner needs.
- Monitor and report on competitor earned media activity
- Facilitate media training as necessary for executives; create earned media opportunities for key leadership.
- Monitor industry trends to continue enhancing our external communications strategy.
- Track and report on earned media metrics (share of voice, sentiment, reach).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field, or commensurate experience
- At least eight years of professional communications experience required, with a minimum of five years focused on external communications.
- Positive, driven, and energetic team player; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done. Strategic thinker and strong implementer.
- Proven experience coaching and guiding internal stakeholders on external communication strategies.
- Ability to spot trends in the industry and make recommendations for proactive story pitches that highlight the company’s solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency at managing an effective PR agency relationship.
- Experience working at a technology or human resources company preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing samples required).
- Experience in crisis communications a plus.
This job excludes CO applicants