Senior Public Relations Manager at Paylocity
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and deadline-oriented Senior Communications/PR Manager to heighten our communication strategy through a variety of external channels. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Marketing, this role will offer the opportunity to create thoughtful, differentiated, market-focused content; dive deep into communications strategies; make a difference using data to drive company communications; and work
What you'll do:
- Build and execute the company’s earned media strategy
- Drive communications associated with major events (Elevate, SHRM, Sales Summit, Presidents Club etc.).
- Support Lead Generation and Product Marketing teams with communications support.
- Establish media relations with key publishers/editors/influencers who target our clients and prospects
- Drive the distribution of press releases
- Lead and/or support projects that can vary in size and scope and ensure communications plans and deliverables align to business partner needs.
- Monitor and report on competitor earned media activity
- Provide media training as necessary for executives; create earned media opportunities for key leadership
- Monitoring industry trends to continue enhancing our external communications strategy
- Tracking and reporting on earned media metrics
- Manage PR agency relationship and deliverables
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of professional communications experience required, with a minimum of five years focused on B2B external communications
- Proven experience coaching and guiding internal stakeholders on external communication strategies.
- Positive, driven and energetic team player; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done. Strategic thinker and strong implementer
- Ability to spot trends in the industry and make recommendations for proactive story pitches that highlight the company’s solutions
- Focus on business metrics and outcomes and communicating back to team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing samples required)
- Experience in crisis communications is a plus
- Experience working at a technology or human resources company preferred #SH