Senior Social Media Specialist at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of the social media strategy
and campaigns for Ahold Delhaize eCommerce. The role will require a holistic view of social channels and
platforms as well as emerging technologies and media outlets. This digital-savvy person and passionate
self-starter will be responsible for all communications in the social media space, including owned and paid
This person will lead annual planning for eCommerce social media presence including partnering with key
stakeholders to develop and gain alignment on the strategy and tactical plans to achieve customer
engagement, media impressions, traffic and sales goals. The Social Media Specialist is also responsible for
creating content, using social media channels to build influencer communities and moderating user
generated content including partnering with Customer Care to resolve quickly any service-related posts.
Lastly, this person will also be accountable for ensuring campaigns are on schedule, meet performance
expectations, and are effectively measured.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Responsible for leading, coordinating and managing all go-to-market aspects for paid and owned socialmedia campaigns for eCommerce including annual strategic planning and editorial calendar to drive brand awareness, consideration and deliver qualified traffic
- Partner with teams throughout the eCommerce and AD network (other Marketing channel owners, Content, Monetization, PR, Brand Social Managers, etc.) to develop and gain alignment on the strategy and tactical plans
- Create monthly content calendars for all social activity aligned to overall seasonal retail calendar and commercial planning process
- Utilize internal / external market research, knowledge of industry best practices and campaign performance metrics to optimize plans on a continuous basis
- Provide competitive views of best in class brand campaigns and executions
- Partner with Content Team to create and shoot images or recommend working with a freelancer to support social content
- Create and execute contests and giveaways / marketing campaigns; oversee implementation and ensure compliance with Legal requirements
- Act as champion and leader of our Brand ‘voice’ in key social channels, ensuring that our Brand presence both in tone and visuals is consistent across campaigns as well as with other channels and touch-points
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner and respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user experience
- Escalate user generated content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders (PR, Customer Care, Legal, Marketing)
- Review and recommend new activities or platforms on a regular basis
- Utilize social listening tools to create communities (e.g. nutrition, health, meal planning, recipes) and to identify potential influencers and work with PR and Affiliate Associate to build engagement list of VIPs / targets for ongoing PR and influencer efforts
- Establish appropriate KPI goals and provide reports on metrics and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Develop and maintain a dashboard for social media activities to ensure standardized reporting, including Customer Care input, and update broader team on results on a regular basis (minimum monthly)
- Manage existing social tools and lead the piloting of new tools to enhance and optimize campaigns
- Stay informed on best in class reporting tools and proactively recommend new tools with clear business case rationale if changes are required
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5 or more years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on social media channels
- Strong understanding of marketing technology capabilities and ability to lead / leverage
- Up-to-date with latest trends and best practices in online marketing
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO ranking tactics and how to build content that enhances SEO results
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge and established network of food and / or lifestyle bloggers preferred
- Google Analytics Certification preferred
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.