Senior Specialist, Corporate Communications at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned professional to join our Shared Services function and execute corporate communications for the firm. This individual will be responsible for creating and driving communications in support of the firm’s strategic goals and priorities. They will partner with and consult our C-Suite and Practice, Office, and Shared Services Leadership in driving engagement and helping influence initiatives.
Specific key responsibilities include:
- Play integral role in employer brand, partnering with recruiting and marketing teams to develop and scale internal and some external people content (campaigns, employee features, etc.)
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and employee base, and create branding around internal initiatives
- Drive communications strategies around educating and engaging employees on the firm’s strategy and differentiators, and ensure communications plans support that strategy and are integrated into the larger framework of firmwide campaigns
- Implement employee engagement campaigns that inspire and spark employees to action
- Work with vendors to create and manage aspects of internal communication campaigns (e.g. branding consultants, design firms, etc.)
- Communications support for Employee Resource Groups and cultural groups
- Curate and create content for digital channels, including podcasts, digital signage, and videos
- Work with function/project leads to design and execute innovative, attention-getting campaigns around internal initiatives across a range of internal channels
- Partner with special project teams as an internal communications subject matter expert, designing and implementing communications plans that educate and engage our employees
- Help drive ways to improve communications capabilities and channels at West Monroe
- Drive overall internal video strategy and production working with external vendors and marketing as necessary
Functional Responsibilities, Execution, & Reporting
- Help create communications strategies and plans; own execution, management, and implementation of communications plans for internal initiatives, special projects, and rollouts
- Manage weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual functional reporting
- Provide and support consultants and Shared Services support staff on a range of ad-hoc issues and projects
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or a related field
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a communications role, ideally in a professional services or agency environment
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and a track record of working effectively and forming peer-level relationships with management-level and above
- Ability to work with a variety of internal partners and manage time effectively
- Ability to work and manage projects autonomously
- Brand and campaign experience
- Employer brand experience a plus
- Experience producing videos (idea concept, video briefs, participant selection and communication, off-camera direction, and production oversight)
- Experience producing podcasts a plus
- Digital signage and sharepoint experience a plus
- Strong writing skills, and, in particular, the ability to write in different styles to reflect the nature of the stakeholder, audience, and message
- Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media
- Experience with the Microsoft office suite, including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of AP style a plus
- Flexibility to travel nationally, 5-10% of the year
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.