Consumers want transparency and ease in their financial decisions. They are craving experiences that make insurance feel less like a painful budget line item and more like a solid investment. At Root, we partner with some of the most disruptive companies to bring the Root values of fairness, transparency, and ease to consumers while they may or may not be actively thinking about their insurance portfolio. We are looking for an experienced marketer to continue building out this vision with us.
As a Senior Strategic Partner Marketer on the Business Development team, you will be responsible for communicating the value of Root insurance products into non-insurance, partner contexts such as fintech, car driving apps, and more. You will map out these consumer journeys and build the content and campaigns to quickly launch, test, and iterate on what drives both consumer value and engagement with Root. You will work closely with the partner lead and our Marketing, Product, and Design teams to build best-in-class, never been done experiences for insurance.
You are someone who has a high amount of empathy for consumers, has a deep understanding of marketing principles, tactics, and metrics, and works very well with internal as well as external stakeholders. You are highly creative, analytical, work quickly but thoroughly, and love tough challenges. You can obsess about one experience but also switch contexts as needed.
If you’re up to the challenge, we look forward to your application.
What you’ll be doing.
- Ideate, build and launch brand new, partner-driven experiences across marketing channels with partners (in app, email, etc.)
- Analyze trends and behaviors per partner to uncover new opportunities
- Launch, analyze, and iterate on marketing tests to quickly learn and optimize
- Roll up your sleeves in some cases to develop the content and creative as needed
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the BD team, Marketing, Product, Design, Analytics, as well as the partner to pitch and launch campaigns and products
What we’re looking for.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively
- 6+ years of marketing experience, preferably in technology
- Deep understanding of marketing, customer acquisition funnels and conversion metrics
- Excellent communication skills and experience driving alignment between cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and a bias towards action to effectively execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong team player