Senior Technical Writer at Snapsheet
We are adding a Senior Technical Writer to our L&D team!
As a Senior Technical Writer your main focus will be to take on the complex documentation needs of our new SaaS enterprise. Working with our Engineering & L&D teams, you will create content including trainings, FAQ, tips and tricks, and how to’s to help the client best leverage our product.
You, as a Senior Technical Writer understand the importance of change management. When implementing new processes and technology it can completely change our clients everyday lives and you write with the goal of easing the transition and proactively answering any question they may have. You are excited by the opportunity to drive our SAAS product forward through documentation from inception to implementation.
As a Senior Technical Writer you are well-experienced in writing with a history of creating impactful documents with proven success. You have a deep understanding of product features, project management, and best practices including usability and quality assurance.
Sound like you? Keep reading for more detail.
Responsibilities of a Senior Technical Writer:
- Fully understands the product delivery life cycle and monitors documentation progress within it.
- Plans, writes, peer-edits, and performs other development tasks for complex documentation deliverables and projects.
- Partner with Sr Instructional designer to ensure continuity of design and voice.
- Develops and documents application process workflows for assigned features.
- Has an intricate understanding of the features of the product.
- Understands the overall features of the product and has advanced comprehension of the application(s) to which they are assigned including the relationship to other applications.
- Mentors and trains less experienced writers in technical communication skills.
- Follows best practices for documentation usability and quality assurance and finds ways to incorporate those practices throughout the department.
- Prepares special reports and knowledge shares.
- Partners with the technical project manager informed of progress and completes all estimating and scoping documents as needed.
Qualifications of a Senior Technical Writer:
- Advanced writing skills
- Ability to develop a full range of user-assistance materials
- Ability to create department standards for documentation based on user-centered design principles
Snapsheet is an equal opportunity employer.