Senior Vice President, Marketing at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:57 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
Kin is growing extremely fast (300+% YoY), currently spending ~$1M/mo in direct customer acquisition costs and expect to exit the year at $3M+/mo. Our marketing function is under-developed and we are looking for a leader to build marketing into one of the core strategic drivers of the business.
So, what’s the role?
- Build a world-class direct-to-consumer Marketing function at Kin with the long term goal of making Kin a household name.
- Exceptional performance marketing that delivers best-in-industry acquisition costs
- Strategic marketing that effectively segments our consumers & marketing strategies as we enter new markets and products
- Owning customer lifecycle messaging and retention strategies
- Building business development function and find / build strategic partnerships
- Establishing and developing the Kin Brand
- Create a go-to-market strategy for new geographies/products
- Collaborate across org (Sales/Ops/Product/UX) to drive Marketing success
- Team is currently only 3 FTEs, will have flexibility & budget to design & hire the org
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Have owned (and ideally built) online direct to consumer marketing function
- Track record of building/mentoring high performance teams
- Experience working with Product/Engineering teams to improve customer experience/journey
- High level of fluency/experience in all consumer marketing channels, particularly online channels, but also direct mail/offline marketing
- Extremely fluent in using data / analytics to drive marketing / strategic decisions
- 10+ yrs experience leading marketing/sales/business development for high growth online businesses
Also great (but not necessary) if you have:
- Experience in fintech/insurtech/regulated industries
- Early/mid stage venture-backed startup experience
- High Level Business Development / Partnership development experience
- PR & Content generation/management experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Life Insurance Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office
Read Full Job Description