Senior Web Developer
Maropost is a B2C cloud-based sales & marketing suite that enables companies to increase cross-channel customer engagement and maximize revenue. Maropost provides essential tools, strategic guidance, and support to create personalized customer experiences. Today, Maropost is in the midst of launching our Sales Cloud Platform, a completely inclusive solution combining CRM, commerce, acquisition, referral management, sales automation, and service modules. This all-in-one approach looks to solve integration problems that companies have with implementing several different solutions. By offering a single solution, Maropost represents an opportunity for efficiency and cost savings to our customers. Maropost’s Sales Cloud generated over $5M in pre-sales in just the first month.
Maropost is led by our founder and CEO, Ross Andrew Paquette. He started his career in sales prior to starting Maropost in 2011. Since inception, Ross has consistently doubled the annual growth of the company. Through this growth, Maropost has been recognized on the Deloitte Fast50 and the Canadian PROFIT500.
About the Position
Maropost is looking for a talented individual to join our growing marketing team and serve as the senior web developer. If you choose to accept, your mission will succeed at collaborating with interactive content, product marketers, digital marketers, designers, and other team members to ensure websites and landing pages are developed to bring Maropost’s story and visual brand to life. Working alongside the design team, this role will be responsible for developing a new, highly-functional, and responsive website and finding the best solutions and technologies for maintaining and scaling the website.
Over the first three months, this candidate should develop knowledge of our business, research and analyze Maropost’s existing website and visual brand, and take ownership of the web development process. The senior web developer will work to transition existing assets into the new website and provide an organized approach for future builds and web expansion.
- Become the technical force behind Maropost’s website, brand, story, and positive perception in the market
- Own Maropost’s website, landing pages, digital assets, and various web applications
- Hold responsibility for establishing and guiding websites’ architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, while managing all technical aspects of the WordPress CMS
- Take static designs or sketches and translate them into responsive and fully functioning digital experiences
- Mentor junior web developers and set best practices for the development team
- Develop best practices for website security and maintain web standards
- Collaborate with key decision makers, product marketers, content writers, and designers to provide a functional and high-performing website
- Drive what emerging technologies will be used throughout the website
- Ensure testing and tracking is a key component to the website, with web performance and analytics monitored and analyzed on a regular basis
What You'll Need to Bring to Maropost
The right person will be a creative problem solver and have a balance of front-end and back-end development knowledge. In addition, the ideal candidate is experienced and knowledgeable on the best technologies available to make strong recommendations with strong business communication skills and driven by metrics aligned with Maropost’s customer acquisition objectives. The results-driver person will have experience establishing and measuring development tractics, strategies, and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Understanding of testing and analytics (Google Analytics, Hotjar, Matomo, Mixpanel)
- Experience in web architecture and web framework using Boostrap, Animate.css
- Develop and implement new features and functionality and additional experience with SVG animation integration
- A self-starter who also considers scalability in development practices
- A sense of urgency and desire to work and win with a team of smart, hard-working and collaborative people
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to build strategic plan and ensure quality deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and decision-making skills
- Results oriented: demonstrating intellect, strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours; must be able to work long hours as needed for events and specific projects
- Use expertise and creativity to find best solutions for development and execution
- Interest in emerging technologies and best practices in B2B tech marketing