Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2020-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Zoro is looking for a bright, hard-working, and driven individual to join our team as a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager. We are looking for someone who is passionate about SEO, who will help evangelize the function, and who will ultimately help build our company up to be the SEO leader in our space.
The environment here is dynamic and fast-paced, so the right candidate will need to be energized by hustle. In order to be successful, candidates must be resourceful, creative, and persistent. We’re a hyper growth, mega-eCommerce site (10M+ URLs) that’s expanding by millions of new pages each year, so being able to think and work at scale will also be key.
This position will sit within Digital Marketing and will report into a Sr. Manager of SEO. You can expect a high degree of cross-functional interaction with partners across Digital Marketing, Merchandising, Software Engineering, Analytics, and other teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive improvements to Zoro’s organic ranking signals to help us acquire high volumes of organic traffic and sales
- Create and deliver recurring SEO performance reports, provide actionable insights for senior leaders and stakeholders
- Provide SEO leadership to the broader organization, define and communicate best practices, and be seen as a thought leader on the subject
- Lead technical SEO projects and drive their implementation with our Product Management and Software Development teams
- Develop off-page optimization initiatives, such as link-building
- Collaborate with Creative Services and Content Marketing teams to produce engaging, relevant user content
- Stay on top of SEO best practices and marketing trends
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required. MS/MA/MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in SEO with a proven track record of successfully managing organic performance for large, eCommerce sites (1M+ URLs); in-house experience at enterprise level organizations is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO best practices and optimizations
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product and Software Engineering teams to drive SEO programs forward in a highly-effective manner
- Experience working with a number of SEO suites/tools: Botify, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, ahrefs, etc.
- Experience with SEO analytics tools: Google/Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Looker, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python preferred
- Proficiency with standard word processing, spreadsheet, and present
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.