Are you an insatiable learner that loves to dig through details, always seeking to find the best solutions? Sprout Social is looking for an SEO Strategist to join our acquisition marketing team. The acquisition marketing team is responsible for driving inbound trials and leads to our site through paid marketing and organic digital marketing channels. As an SEO Strategist, you will help develop and execute SEO and inbound marketing strategies. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to create compelling thought leadership content. You will work closely with other members of the acquisition team daily to ensure goals are met utilizing creative inbound tactics that drive organic search and referral traffic.
In your previous experience, you’ve been responsible for increasing SEO performance through content marketing (both writing and editing content), performing technical SEO analysis and utilizing tools like Screaming Frog and Ahrefs as well as have proficient experience with Google Analytics or a similar Web Analytics platform and Google Search Console. Finally, this role requires someone with creative thinking skills to identify opportunities, analyze data and uncover actionable insights.
Sprout Social is used by more than 20,000 brands around the world. Companies like Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Minimum of 4+ years of SEO experience either in-house or at an agency
- A degree in English, Journalism (or similar degree) or experience that demonstrates your ability to write and edit long-form content
- Proficiency in Web Analytics, Google Search Console and leveraging data to make data-driven decisions
Within 1 month, you will...
- Learn about and be trained on Sprout’s current SEO initiatives
- Work with the SEO team to get on-boarded with freelancer management and become comfortable with writing and editing content
- Meet with key partners in design and development to learn about the scope of their work and the various projects the SEO team has partnered with them to create, such as infographics, technical SEO initiatives, etc.
- Participate in weekly stand ups to discuss the progress of Marketing Ops team JIRA boards
- Get to know everyone on the acquisition marketing team and have a clear understanding of team goals and objectives.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Be able to fully manage a portfolio of freelancers and edit/upload their content into WordPress
- Leverage Google Analytics & Google Search Console insights to identify optimization opportunities
- Perform on-page optimization tactics such as improving internal linking across the site and testing various meta tags to improve click-through rates and conversion rates
- Perform ongoing keyword research and develop content strategies around these insights
- Have a firm grasp on how demand generation impacts the sales funnel
- Effectively utilize SEO tools such as Screaming Frog and Ahrefs to identify site issues and/or opportunities
- Become familiar with Salesforce and how to pull reports on trials, leads, revenue and other customer segment data to identify actionable insights
Within 6 months you will…
- Report on daily SEO performance (SEO traffic, trials & leads and revenue)
- Proactively develop tactics and initiatives to improve lead generation to improve customer acquisition
- Partner with cross-functional teams to implement new technical SEO initiatives and fix site errors
- Meet with sales leaders to better understand their sales processes and how SEO can support their work.
Within 12 months you will…
- Consistently analyze and measure the performance of site content to develop new initiatives to increase traffic and trials/leads
- Have a very strong understanding of the B2B SaaS model and the levers the SEO team can pull to drive performance
- Develop and execute on SEO strategies and tactics to improve organic search rankings, traffic
- Partner with the paid marketing team to develop cross-channel strategies to drive customer acquisition
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members