Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built In Chicago, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide. We're also incredibly excited to have joined the Bright Horizons family. Child care is essential for letting parents get back to work and keeping our economy functioning. Sittercity and Bright Horizons are coming together to strengthen our mission to make child care finally work!
What You’ll Do
As a Social Media Coordinator, you’ll support the growth and management of our social media presence. This role sits within the Marketing team, reporting directly to the Brand & Content Marketing Manager and working closely with the Community Manager.
The Social Media Coordinator will manage and maintain publishing schedules of all social channels, act as admin of our community groups, and monitor social engagements and respond when necessary based on Community guidelines. This role will also work collaboratively with the Brand team to ideate and execute new ways to build more organic engagement across our social channels
- Collaborate with the Community team to execute a social media publishing calendar.
- Curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Manage and monitor social media groups that our members belong to. Approve member requests, respond to member issues, engage with members through social media posts and monitor key discussion points.
- Attend Community events and produce content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of content and community marketing strategy.
- 1 - 3 years of experience
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency in social content creation for organic engagement
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. Due to COVID-19, this will start as a remote role with the potential to eventually rejoin our team in our Chicago office. Our office provides a bright and energized space for collaboration as well as many quiet areas for concentration. Additionally, you will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Great benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, backup child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees