Social Media Coordinator
Neighborhoods.com is seeking an organized and enthusiastic Social Media Coordinator to join our team in Chicago’s vibrant Fulton River District neighborhood. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring social media for the company’s two brands in order to strengthen customer service, improve online reach and support larger marketing and business objectives.
Neighborhoods.com is the first online real estate resource to put the neighborhood at the center of the home search. Our platforms, 55places.com and Neighborhoods.com, invite users to imagine their life in a new area by providing a local’s perspective, including detailed descriptions and resident reviews of schools, amenities, and the surrounding community.
At Neighborhoods.com, we’re all about transparency. Continuous improvement is one of our core values. If you’re a social media enthusiast looking for a company where you can grow, have a real impact and be part of an award-winning culture, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing as our Social Media Coordinator:
- Working directly with the Communications Manager to assist with the development of social content strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Writing compelling copy and scheduling posts using Sprout Social
- Staying abreast on current trends, social media best practices, and technologies
- Assisting with image sourcing and developing assets via Adobe Spark and/or Canva
- Actively cultivating a welcoming online environment through proactive engagement
- Assisting with campaign creation, Facebook Advertisements, and working with influencers when needed
- Creating reports to track insights, analytics and success of efforts
- Working with SEM Managers, Marketing Managers, Content Editors, and Designers on occasion
- Managing independent community and agent reviews submitted
- Other duties as assigned
We think you could be really successful if you:
- Have a curious mind and aren’t afraid to bring big ideas to the table
- Maintain positive energy in a team environment
- Can handle multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Are a team player, but also a self-starter who goes above and beyond the task at hand
Basic requirements to do the job:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of all major social media platforms
- Experience using social media management, analytics, and listening tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with copywriting
- Creative design skills
- The standards: insurance, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and a casual dress code
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter program
- West Loop neighborhood (easy commute and lots of food options)
- Volunteer and charity opportunities
- Cold-brew coffee on tap
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management
- Catered Lunch & Learn programs
- You will help people on the journey to making one of the single biggest decisions of their life
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer, of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment, that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.