Social Media Coordinator
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Social Media Coordinator
We’re looking for a talented, organized and data-driven Social Media Coordinator to manage our social media presence in some of the country’s hottest tech markets. We’re hyper local, so we have a lot of profiles that require expert management, but you aren’t afraid of taking ownership and getting your hands dirty. You have experience managing organic and paid social content, and the idea of growing an already large social media following to the next level gets your blood pumping.
How you’ll contribute
- Monitor, manage and grow the company’s social media profiles across seven of the country’s most in-demand tech hubs.
- Manage paid and organic content publishing across major social networks.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic back to our local websites from our social profiles.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from Marketing, Content, Sales and Product to plan and execute social media marketing campaigns.
- Track and report on the performance of social content on a regular basis and use this information to guide our strategy.
- Manage community feedback in a timely, professional and helpful manner.
What you need
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years in the social media space or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Strong familiarity with major social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Experience managing paid social campaigns (especially on Facebook) is a must.
- Familiarity with social media management platforms (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Monitor and effectively budget paid assets.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.