Social Media Manager
Most everyone is a social media manager in 2019. The tools are part of everyday life and have reshaped the way the world communicates. Surrounded as we are by all this technology, certain fundamentals remain: we’re all humans, fundamentally chasing the same things: among them, connection, recognition, to be heard. At Cisco Meraki, we care deeply about the experiences our customers have as they interact with our technology and our business. Social tools give us the privilege to be where our customers are online, so we can listen, engage, and communicate, making a positive contribution to the customer experience.
If you’re passionate about connecting with others, if you feel a sense of responsibility for every interaction, if you love nothing more than making someone’s day, we may have just the job for you. Cisco Meraki is seeking its first Social Media Manager to facilitate social media strategy and execution, and to drive our online presence in thoughtful, authentic, human ways. As a key voice of the Meraki brand, you’ll work with others across Marketing and the broader business to impact and develop the best possible online experience for our customers and partners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build and manage Cisco Meraki’s global social media efforts in concert with Corporate Communications, Brand and Marketing teams.
- Strategize campaigns and methods to cultivate new, lasting followers
- Develop relevant content to reach and engage with audience
- Establish and oversee daily/weekly/monthly social content calendar.
- Build, curate and manage social content for Marketing and various cross-functional teams.
- Organize and run regular, cross-functional social content meetings
- Partner with Cisco’s PR and Social Media Communications Team to identify and secure Meraki’s inclusion in Cisco’s owned, earned and paid social media and influencer engagement.
- Grow and strengthen Meraki follower base and engagement rate on key platforms through increase in awareness and engagement campaigns.
- Analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of earned, owned and paid media to show value and improve results.
- Monitor, listen and engage with community members, including helping resolve customer issues, answering questions and handling general inquiries.
- 5+ years experience in B2B social media marketing and/or communications
- A social media power user with a flare for buzz-building and a track record of driving engaged online communities
- Experience using social media analytics tools and implementing data-driven change
- Creative skills for supplying new and innovative ideas
- Writing, blogging and proofreading experience desirable
- Experience using popular social media platforms and working with influencers
- Experience managing website content
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Real passion for working in a dynamic environment, with multiple, simultaneous projects often with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Fanatical attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive and inventive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.