Social Media Manager
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering effective, accessible and efficient healthcare through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
As part of achieving this goal, the Marketing and Communications team is the expert in telling our organization’s story in a consistent and disciplined way and creating the tools necessary for our employees and partners to consistently support and amplify our brand message.
The Social Media Manager is a newly created role, offering a unique opportunity to shape this fast-growing company’s social media presence and make a real impact. You’ll work across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and directory/review sites as an advocate for both of the company’s brands: VillageMD (B2B) and Village Medical (B2C).
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities of the Social Media Manager include:
- Partnering with the Director, Digital Marketing to develop and execute an integrated social media strategy.
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities for content creation and storytelling in support of company objectives.
- Partnering with broader marketing and communications team to ensure integrated campaign execution.
- Owning, developing, and executing a comprehensive social content calendar, curating posts across all key platforms with a regular cadence.
- Responding to and engaging with comments and messages from site communities on a daily basis, escalating and partnering with cross-functional teams for resolution where appropriate.
- Monitoring performance of social media content, campaigns, community engagement, and overall social presence via regular reporting.
- Staying abreast of social media platform changes, industry trends, and content best practices.
- Identifying and implementing social media publishing and listening tools.
- Serving as company’s social expert, guiding key c-suite executives toward thought leadership and helping manage their social presences, and promoting more general employee advocacy on platforms.
- Performing other assigned duties.
What you bring to VillageMD:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of in-house or agency experience managing social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- A knack for developing engaging, aesthetically pleasing content—seeking out and bringing new stories to life as well as converting existing assets into micro-content for redistribution across new platforms.
- Excellent copywriting and editing abilities, a creative eye, and strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with social media publishing and listening tools.
- Experience with influencer partnerships, post boosting, and paid social campaigns.
- Strong collaboration skills and a customer service mindset.
- The ability to identify/assess trends and create reports with meaningful and actionable insights.
- Basic photography and graphic design skills (a plus but not required).
- Healthcare industry experience (a plus but not required)
What will make you successful here?
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups.
- You are highly collaborative, yet skilled at influencing others to achieve results.
- You are experienced performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do.
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution.
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.