Social Media Specialist at Neighborhoods.com
Neighborhoods.com is seeking an organized and enthusiastic Social Media Specialist to join its talented marketing team. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring social media strategies across the organization and its brands in order to improve online reach, strengthen online communities, support customer service, and contribute to larger marketing and business objectives.
Neighborhoods.com is the parent company of 55places.com, 55places Mortgage, and its product namesake: neighborhoods.com. Together, our specialized online real estate marketplaces make a difference in the way people buy and sell their home.
At Neighborhoods.com, we’re all about transparency. Continuous improvement is one of our core values. If you’re a social media enthusiast looking for a company where you can grow, have a real impact, and be part of an award-winning culture, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing as our Social Media Specialist:
- Creating, executing, and managing social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Writing compelling copy, managing content calendars, and scheduling posts, while also reacting to real-time opportunities.
- Managing online communities to support the brand’s thought leadership, superior customer service, and lead generation.
- Actively cultivating a welcoming online environment through proactive engagement.
- Staying abreast of current trends, social media best practices, and technologies.
- Assisting with image sourcing and developing creative assets via Adobe products.
- Supporting content campaigns, paid social advertisements, and working with influencers when needed.
- Consistently monitoring performance, analyzing results, creating reports, and providing actionable recommendations as a result to optimize success.
- Monitoring independent community and agent reviews submitted.
- Developing and/or refining processes to support workflows and enhance efficiency.
- Working with Designers, Customer Service Representatives, Marketing Managers, and Content Editors on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
We think you could be really successful if you:
- Have a curious mind with a passion for storytelling, and aren’t afraid to bring big ideas to the table.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Can handle multiple projects and manage deadlines.
- Are a team player, but also a self-starter who goes above and beyond the task at hand.
- Have experience managing social media strategies for consumer-facing brands.
Basic requirements to do the job:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Mastery of AP Style
- Comprehensive understanding of all major social media platforms and the ability to create tailored, shareable content for each audience group.
- Experience using social media management and listening tools.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or Journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with copywriting.
- Creative design skills.
The Interview Process:
- Phone call with a People Ops team member.
- Take-home test
- Video call with the hiring manager.
- Video call with cross-functional team members.
- Video call with our VP-Marketing.
- The standards: insurance, FSA, 401k with match, and flexible PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Volunteer and charity opportunities.
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management.
- Help make a difference in the lives of homeowners across the country.
Our team is currently working remotely. Our company intends to return to in-person office work when it is safe to do so and employees feel comfortable going in. Candidates may be located in Illinois, California, New Jersey, Florida, Arizona, Colorado, or a select few other locations within the US.
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We encourage candidates from marginalized and/or underrepresented communities to apply, as we value the unique insight and experiences you bring to the table. Like many companies, we still have work to do in creating the diverse and equitable workplace we aspire to, but we are actively working toward this goal through policies and training that foster a workplace where everyone has the same opportunities to contribute and be successful. If you have any questions about whether or not you should apply and/or whether your work experience matches a particular requirement, please reach out to us at [email protected]
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.