Social Media Specialist
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through web, mobile and social channels.
The Social Media Specialist will be involved in planning and implementing social media content plans and digital strategies across a number of accounts owned by the Illinois State Lottery. As Social Media Specialist you will design, implement and evolve our social media strategy. You’ll engage existing followers and attract new ones, take an active role in shaping our messaging, and be an advocate for our social followers internally.
- Build our presence on social networking sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other similar community sites, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Creating a continuous stream of rich and engaging content to attract, convert and retain our customers. Text, pictures, memes, videos, infographics and more.
- Experience using social analytics to inform strategic approach with working knowledge of a range of tools; this is essential for the role.
- Responsible for day-to-day community management of the Lottery’s social channels including pro-active, reactive content as well as scheduling of posts to ensure content is distributed in the optimum ways.
- Delivering against content calendars that will have been created for our social channels. Creating that rich editorial that ties in with the latest updates, and support for any other campaigns that we are running.
- Using your insight to spot trends in the social space and utilizing these to the Lottery’s advantage to amplify our message.
- Involvement in developing social strategies around key campaigns, sale promotions, competitions, and more.
- Brainstorming and developing social content ideas to engage customers.
- Using these strategies to identify key KPIs and metrics to hit targets every time.
- Responsible for the on-going analysis and reporting of social media and content work.
- Work closely with our team of designers to ensure content looks snazzy and that you have professional looking assets to use on our social channels.
- Create rich and engaging video content from time to time to engage our audiences.
- Monitor channels outside of office hours to ensure any major issues are handled quickly.
- Work schedule flexibility. May need to be on-call some weekends to support marketing activities.
- 3 + years experience in social and/or editorial media.
- Experience briefing in, producing and writing social content across key networks; Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Experience driving new innovative social products (e.g. Facebook live) in a way they drives engagement, reach and brand.
- Must have experience working for brands that target social media active demographics.
- In-depth knowledge of how audiences consume content on social channels.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize your own work schedule and work to tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive social media/web knowledge and experience using social analytics tools.
- Motivated and willing to learn and develop in the role.
- Track record of creativity and innovation in the digital sphere working with brands with a focus on social media.
- Experience working in e-commerce.
- Strong self-starter with ability to manage own workload.
- Comfortable and efficient communicator.
- Efficient project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proactive, creative and responsive mind.
- Team working spirit.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.