Software Marketing Associate
The Group: Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
The Team: Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Product Marketing Associate for our Software Product Marketing team who is passionate about results-based marketing, is eager to learn new skills, and interested in the financial services audience. This role is right for you if you are an organized, self-starter with strong communication skills.
The Role: You’ll be responsible for managing cross-functional projects, researching and supporting the development of buyers’ personas for each of the unique audiences we serve, and supporting our Account-Based Marketing (ABM) pilot with enablement materials to help drive our GBD (General Business Development) and DSS (Direct Sales Specialist) sales pipeline and for forming stronger partnerships with our strategic accounts.
- Manage agile scrum meetings and act as a project manager for software marketing squad, ensuring deadlines are met and campaign performance is reported out on a regular basis.
- Create sales presentations, factsheets, and other resources for our generalist and DSS sales team to use when pitching our software products to prospects.
- Provide input to shape account-based marketing strategies, including database improvement for ABM campaign management.
- Support the development of buyers’ personas for the asset management space and align content for each step of the journey.
- Manage lead generation strategies to build our sales pipeline and research new ways to increase our market reach.
- Manage projects that span working groups to create immersive client and prospect experiences on a variety of channels: website, social, email, etc.
- Research competitor offerings and create materials to educate our sales, product, and marketing colleagues to differentiate our products and grow our business.
- Manage assets on the Product Marketing WIKI page
- Create email templates for the GBD/DSS team to use when promoting content or following up on marketing created tasks.
- Conduct market research with win/loss analysis and content testing across our generalist sales team
- Support Morningstar Software’s Advocacy program by working with our advocates and marketing leadership.
- Develop surveys and other tactics to generate business validation metrics and testimonials
- 0-2 years of experience in marketing
- Excited about results-driven marketing and learning new things
- Strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in working cross-functionally within an organization
- Able to handle multiple projects with several stakeholders simultaneously
- Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating
- Experience in competitive research, working in an Agile environment, writing content, client service, understanding the financial landscape and using JIRA, On24, Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager, Eloqua, Tableau, or Morningstar Advisor Software products a plus
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.