Specialist-Marketing and Comm at Ascension
We Are Hiring
Do you have healthcare experience and the passion to be a story teller? This is a fantastic opportunity to support Ascension with internal communication using your excellent writing skills to connect associates and clinicians, support health system goals and objectives, endorse values and Mission, building a strong culture and brand identity and commitment to the organization.
What You Will Do
Initiate, plan and coordinate internal communications functions for the organization.
- Researches, develops content, writes and edits internal communications including memos, newsletters, intranet content, collateral, and other various materials to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Works with internal stakeholders to execute a variety of tactics in support of system communication strategies.
- Provides general writing and editing support to the communications team.
- Assists with the measurement of the effectiveness of various communication mediums and tactics.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations for related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in writing and editing communications with journalism, advertising, communications, public relations or marketing with two (2) years in a large organization of at least 500 associates.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in preparing and sending mass communications and announcements.
- Experience in managing internal client relationships.
- Google Suite experience a plus.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.