The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of integrated marketing programs for projects that support product/service profit objectives, driving demand for Walgreens offerings through unique and competitive retail positioning.
- Develops strategic marketing briefs to ensure the attainment of business objectives, marketing objectives, sales goals, customer goals and vendor agreements.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop media, secure approval, communicate status and achieve production deadlines (e.g. mass advertising, promotional programs, microsites, social media, direct marketing and event strategies).
- Develops and maintains marketing project schedules and status reports; obtains cost estimates; and tracks actual expenses.
- Provides the creative staff and agencies with clear project direction on target audience, customer insights, marketing objectives and value proposition.
- Performs ongoing audits of existing project material to ensure consistency of messaging, adherence to brand guidelines, compliance and product/service accuracy.
- Collaborates to develop a set of measurement criteria to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction. Monitors results.
- Maintains knowledge of retail capabilities, customer needs, internal operations processes and competitive maneuvers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR HS Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of marketing experience such as product marketing, advertising, creative services or customer insights.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- BA Marketing, Advertising, Business or Journalism.
- At least 2 years of marketing experience such as product marketing, advertising, creative services or customer insights
- At least 2 years of experience integrated marketing or marketing analysis.
- At least 2 years of experience working collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and in environments with structured marketing processes.
- At least 2 years of experience working with budgets and project management.
- Experience in marketing analytics and understanding quantitative analysis.
- At least 2 years of experience using competitive and customer insights to refine marketing plans or campaigns.
- Experience in consumer package goods, healthcare or retail marketing.
- Experience developing marketing value propositions and positioning statements.
- Experience in marketing national, direct-to-consumer programs.
- Experience implementing both acquisition and retention marketing initiatives.
- Exposure to a regulated environment with privacy, compliance and legal guidelines.
- Experience in the Health and Wellness Industry (including Managed Care, Pharmaceuticals and Hospital Systems).
- Experience executing marketing programs for immunization services projects.
- Experience working in for-profit, corporate work environment.