Sr Assistant Brand Mgr, Zoro at Zoro
Sr. Assistant Brand Manager, Zoro
Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
Zoro is hiring a Senior Assistant Brand Manager (Sr. ABM) for our Brand Development Team located in our Chicago, IL office, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Brand Development. We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded talent that thrives in a collaborative environment focusing on collective solutions that drive additional business and continually improves the customer experience. Zoro is looking for someone who has had strong experience in a branding/marketing role in their early career and is on the cusp of being promoted to a Brand Manager and will quickly demonstrate their skills in that regard.
As a Sr. ABM, your main task will be to assist the Sr. Brand Manager in developing and executing a broad variety of brand-building initiatives from beginning to end – in strong collaboration with the cross-functional partners within the organization. The Sr. ABM will analyze market and customer data to develop conclusions that will be used to evolve the brand agenda and identify new work streams and growth opportunities. The Sr. ABM will be responsible assisting in the seamless execution of the brand equity and awareness building activities of the Brand Development team. This person will own the branding refresh of our private label business, work internally with our key partners and be the day-to-day liaison between the Brand and other teams across the company
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr ABM will join our marketing team and assist in the planning and execution of our brand awareness and equity-driving marketing programs, including but not limited to:
- On-going branding initiatives – the Sr. ABM will be involved in many of the enterprise-wide branding efforts and will provide key leadership/ownership of the following:
- Lead the company-wide initiative to evolve the Zoro Private Brand suite of products so that the entire line of products fits with the new brand design pallet that was launched in January 2019. This person will work with the Brand Design and Product Teams to create new branding elements for the entire line of Zoro Private Brand products - our current lineup includes nearly 100,000 items in our P/L assortment.
- Work with the relevant cross-functional partners when writing creative briefs for brand-related projects (media, homepage, video, content) to ensure that the brand look, feel and voice is being represented appropriately across all customer communication touch points.
- On cross-functional projects, where a brand marketing liaison is needed, the Sr. ABM will serve as that point person, bringing brand expertise to projects such as, but not limited to: Zoro homepage projects with the UX/UI Team, email and direct mail initiatives with the Promo Team, business performance and metrics with the Analytics Team. This person will need to feel comfortable speaking up as the voice of the brand on cross-functional projects and report progress on those initiatives to marketing leadership in monthly meetings.
- Establish a new capability for the company as it pertains to digital content (mostly video and/or 3D images). This person will lead the process to select the agency partner to work with as well as develop and align senior leadership to the test strategy and plan. The person in this role would manage/lead this project along with being a key point of contact for the agency relationship and execution. This person will also work with Analytics, Product, CX, UX and IU to execute the test to use the results to make a recommendation for how Zoro should approach digital content and expand upon it. The expectation is to identify the key products/categories that will help drive incremental sales with enhanced assets that will result in quantifiable lift in sales.
- Continually have a "Customer First" mindest and help the Brand Team explore ways to bring our customer appreciation to life along the buyer's journey.
- Partner with marketing team on any brand-related initiatives – examples of this could include ad hoc branding projects with our design team on trade show needs, or review questions/learning needs related to customer research with our insights team.
- Work with analytics to create and report out on a monthly tracking tool for key marketing measures that can be used across the organization to measure the success of the various marketing programs.
- Monitor market trends, research and report on competitors' activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Assist the Senior Brand Manager in the development and execution of various mass media tactics to grow Zoro brand awareness.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or University is required, MBA is preferred
- Degree in fields such as in marketing &/or business is preferred.
- Two (2) – three (3) years of work experience in brand management, ecommerce or technology industry preferred.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (spoken and written)
- Strong analytic skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Detailed oriented, organized, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience in digital & web analytics such as Google Analytics strongly preferred
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status