About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re seeking a Senior Associate to join our Marketing team and lead diner growth and loyalty initiatives across Grubhub Gift Cards, Refer-A-Friend, and our subscription program (Grubhub+). The role requires prior digital marketing experience and expertise in digital marketing. This is based out of our Chicago office (remote until further notice).
The ideal candidate is a creative and entrepreneurial self-starter who is passionate about product marketing, thrives on creative problem-solving in a fast-paced environment, and has a strong desire to make an immediate impact.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead Grubhub’s rapidly growing Gift Card Business, including direct to consumer, retailer partnerships, and Corporate/B2B sales. You will be in charge of setting and executing strategies, managing budgets, and taking this business to the next level after a year of record growth.
- Own relationships with several external partners and agencies, and direct them to help execute strategic initiatives
- Spearhead initiatives for Grubhub to transform diner advocacy into order growth. You will manage Grubhub’s Refer-A-Friend program, support our subscription business (Grubhub+), and be charged with identifying new ways of delighting customers that deepen their loyalty to Grubhub.
- Apply analytics to guide the team’s priorities, including:
- Collect insights from completed tests
- Use data/results to help determine action plans and adapt strategies
- Monitor industry trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Work closely with teams in Product, CRM, Finance, Analytics, and Marketing to launch campaigns and bring new initiatives to market.
- Demonstrate a strong bias for action by identifying problems/opportunities and working proactively to solve them, as well as manage complex timelines and dependencies.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in a related concentration or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Experience managing client/partner relationships
- Excellent communication, organization, teamwork and follow-up skills. You are in your element when working cross functionally to get things done.
- Rigorously analytical. You ask why, are able to to tell a story from data, and turn that data into effective strategies
- Self-starter - need to see opportunities and help lead solutions day-to-day
- Experience with loyalty, gift cards, subscription products, and/or channel management
- SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.