Sr. Business Analyst - Marketing
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Location: LAKE FOREST, IL or CHICAGO, IL
Senior Marketing Business Application Analyst is the lead contact and subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering software systems and will also be responsible for software upgrades, new implementations, end-user support, UAT testing and system health checks. Creates, updates, manages and provides support – troubleshoots for Marketing Applications – including all Adobe tools, Aprimo and enterprise support for Sharepoint.
Responsible for the supporting new implementations, upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of marketing business applications to meet the needs of the users. Work includes, system access, workflow configuration, form creation, updates to (Sharepoint) forms, new site creation.
Marketing Technology Business Analyst has the ability to understand scope of request, translate business request/needs into a solution within current tool set and/or identify when a new solution is required. Role must also understand marketing strategies to further support business objectives through system support and enablement.
- Collaborate with customers and system integrators to map out current state user workflows and functional architectures, articulate the benefits technologies, and personalize the future state end user workflow and API's.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders/vendors as necessary to ensure desired project progression
- Understand business issues to help bring solutions forward
- Gain deep understanding of marketing technology ecosystem and how it supports business needs
- Manage digital system administration and facilitation including configuring and automating extract, transform and load processes to store and process local data on scheduled basis.
- Plan, coordinate, test, and execute software upgrades and new applications, and ensure compatibility with planned future business systems
- Accelerate productivity and buy-in through a series of activities that help end-users uncover and articulate barriers, and co-design potential solutions to their needs.
- Implement local database or other data management across the Intranet and other Business System Development Tools, including configuring and automating extract, transform and load processes to store and process local data on scheduled basis.
- Drive customer success through large and small programs, change management, ,usage, and adoption of technology
MBA or equivalent preferred
5-7 years of experience in releated field preferred
- Proven experience managing a specific marketing technology tools, leading an optimization and run cycle, contributing towards the design, and leading analysis, testing, and implementation
- Project management skills are key.
- A thorough understanding of the organization's business goals is a must. Application develpment architects must understand the business problem first and foremost, and be able to look at a broad range of technology solutions, so it's very important that they don't have technology biases.
- Experience with Jira or other issue-tracking support applications
SharePoint development experience
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Experience in aggregating data from various 3rd parties including online and offline marketing channel data is a plus
- Experience with SQL scripts and joins including correlated and non-correlated sub-queries from multiple tables and different databases
- The Marketing Systems team members will manage and facilitate across multiple technology platforms. Including but not limited to Salesforce.com, STEP, Sharepoint, Nintex, Sitrion, Aprimo, Marketing Automation, Demandbase, Scene 7, Indesign, SAP, Terradata, BW, Adobe Campaign, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Campaign, Adobe Audience Manager, Digital Marketing Channel Technologies, PPC, SEO and Digital Media Display
- Understanding of marketing data a plus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.