Overview of role:
We’re looking for a great communicator to join TransUnion as a Senior Consultant on our Corporate Communications team. This person will join a dynamic communications team that helps build and protect TransUnion’s reputation with key stakeholders worldwide. The ideal candidate will have versatile communications skills – including exceptional written and verbal communication – and the ability to help develop and execute strategic plans and content, working with cross-functional teams within TransUnion and outside agencies.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant professional experience, preferably at a PR agency or in a corporate communications setting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with significant writing experience
- Expertise in executing and measuring the success of strategic communications plans; experience developing plans
- The ability to form strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders
- Extremely good prioritization and organization skills
- Creativity, flexibility and initiative
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion
Impact you’ll make:
- Help define and implement corporate communications programs that build TransUnion’s reputation. Recommend strategy, develop compelling content and ensure optimal delivery. Deliverables may include email messages, presentations, media statements, website content, articles, video, talking points, Q&A, social media, digital signage, and more. Communications will cover a broad span of topics such as acquisitions, leadership announcements, earnings, and more.
- Work with colleagues from various departments across TransUnion to address communication requests and opportunities, providing input and/or deliverables regarding strategic approach, messaging and tactical execution. Key relationships include colleagues representing public relations, marketing, internal communications, design, social media, investor relations, government relations, legal, and more.
- Support TransUnion’s issues management program by helping to develop and practice the company’s crisis communications plan, as well as train colleagues on protocol. In the event of an issue or crisis, support TransUnion’s response as part of a cross-functional response team.
- Help field incoming media inquiries relating to company wide topics. Work with colleagues to develop responses for the public relations team to deliver.
- Support the broader corporate communications team by periodically helping colleagues with projects related to executive communication, public affairs and corporate social responsibility initiatives. Examples might include developing a presentation for a leader or writing content for TransUnion’s annual CSR report.
- Prepare reports and presentations that communicate communication effectiveness.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.