Sr. Manager, Content Marketing
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Reporting directly to the Director of Brand & Communications, the Sr. Manager, Content Marketing is responsible for ensuring that Grainger's various business audiences' needs are met during their customer journey through the strategic use of content. This person will be responsible for all brand content marketing: developing, managing and distributing compelling and well organized content based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs and best practices. This person will manage an internal team and agency partners to help define/refine content marketing plan, strategy and also execute ongoing content marketing programs.
This Sr. Manager will partner with business and strategic stake-holders and work with cross-functional teams and leadership across our Marketing, Creative & Brand, Channel teams, Marketing Data and Optimization, Analytics, Publishing, Merchandising, Product Information, and UX teams.
- Participates in helping build overarching and campaign-specific Content marketing strategy, based on a solid knowledge of: Company initiatives, Brand Platform and Customer Target insights.
- Influence content creative and distribution plan development - input; vets against key qualifiers (Brand Platform, Relevancy, etc.)
- Lead the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
- Defines, designs and develops content marketing and positions Grainger as the most relevant source of information and solutions for our customers.
- Ensures all content is on brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, print and seller engagement
- Leverages data to develop content themes/topics and execute plans to develop assets that support a point of view and educate customers and potential customers – understand key drivers and needs of customer groups
- Ability to connect content to other marketing and sales activities and evangelize role of content marketing to support business objectives
- Leverage web analytics and other metrics to conduct content analysis and KPI's that measure the quality and effectiveness of content
- Key liaison to Content Creators (Segments, SMEs, Sellers/CSA, Brand, etc.)
- Manages internal and external teams
- Responsible for growth and development of 5-6 direct reports
- 7- 10 years of experience in a B2B multi-channel content creation role (publishing, journalism, etc) professional work experience in related field
- 3-5 years of Marketing experience is a must
- MBA or Masters preferred. Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Business/Marketing.
- 7-10 years of experience in leadership roles
- Proven ability to work with senior leadership, business users and technical personnel
- Solid organizational, time management and problem-solving skills and handle multiple conflicting priorities and still deliver quality work and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong cross-functional team orientation and ability to work successfully in a matrix organization – Agency experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Detail orientation with proven ability to anticipate next steps
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Industrial experience and/ or e-commerce experience a bonus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.