Sr. Manager, Internal Communications
130 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL, USA
We are OppLoans
- Develop internal communication strategies and plans to enhance the employee experience and ensure agreement of messaging and content with enterprise goals, values, and internal brand.
- Work with key team members to ensure messaging is consistent to promote awareness, excitement and advocacy with internal audiences.
- Partner with key business leaders, including Human Resources and Operations, to build communication plans in support of key business initiatives, employee programs, and critical organizational announcements, etc.
- Guide and counsel internal communication tactics to support important activities, such as town halls, presentations, lunch n learns, leadership messages, internal video content, intranet content, and newsletters.
- Use multiple channels to achieve communication strategies (i.e. presentations, talking points, videos, multimedia, newsletters, Slack)
- Lead end-to-end implementation of company portal/intranet by partnering closely with Marketing/Brand, Human Resources and Technology Teams.
- Work with the VP of Communications on communications for organizational changes and announcements as needed.
- Ensure leaders are equipped with the necessary tools to deliver communications; promote the use of communications frameworks and processes to ensure best engagement and delivery methods are employed.
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies. Use metrics to inform how to enhance or innovate future communications.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Communications or a related field)
- 5+ years of progressive communications experience; proven track record of managing organizational messaging and executive communication.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to strategize and develop compelling messaging for diverse audiences
- Embraces a culture of change and provides targeted messaging through internal channel; able to connect the dots and take a business strategy or initiative and create a compelling narrative
- Develop and execute strategies that meet short term needs while keeping in mind longer term goals
- Proven examples of influencing executives and business leaders
- Program management skills with ability to plan, organize, and execute enterprise communication strategies