Sr. Manager, Marketing Research
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The GrubHub Market Research team is a well balanced mix of qualitative and quantitative researchers who are passionate about understanding people’s needs, behaviors and attitudes. The team helps Grubhub maintain understanding of diners, restaurants and delivery partners and their experiences across the Grubhub brand which include product, customer service, ongoing engagement, and other important touchpoints.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading and championing the Market Research function at Grubhub. This highly visible role will serve as thought leader and subject matter expert to drive fact-based decision making across the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop a thorough, research-based understanding of the basic needs and attitudes from Diners, Restaurants, and Delivery Partners and identify opportunities to improve.
- Partner with business leaders across the organization to translate business needs into an actionable research agenda.
- Influence business direction by communicating clear and actionable recommendations based on research to stakeholders including marketing, operations, product, and finance.
- Provide input and leadership on Grubhub’s brand strategy; help create clear and compelling brand communications based on consumer insights.
- Run brainstorms and ideations post-research to ensure findings are actionable and used by the organization.
- Manage annual and quarterly planning process, including budget and headcount planning.
You Should Have
- Exceptional research skills with a variety of marketing research methods, including quantitative methods such as MaxDiff, conjoint, discrete choice, and brand tracking; and qualitative methods including 1:1 interviews, focus groups, diary studies, and ethnography
- Direct experience in quantitative research is a must, must be able to write questionnaires and execute large-scale quantitative studies
- Must have a successful track record of executing a large portfolio of marketing research projects from start to finish -- we’re looking for someone with hands-on research experience rather than vendor management experience
- Politically-savvy and experienced with navigating large, matrixed organizations
- Experienced with presenting to and influencing stakeholders at all levels, including C-suite executives
- At least 7 years of primary marketing research experience (agency or client side)
- At least 3 years of experience managing and developing high-performing teams
- Knowledge of statistics and advanced analytic methods is a plus (e.g. regression, factor analysis, correspondence analysis)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.