Sr Manager, Public Relations
FTD is seeking a progressive Senior Public Relations Manager to leads and supports the day-to-day activities of Public Relations in our new downtown Chicago office for FTD.com, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, and Personal Creations.
As a Senior Public Relations Manager you will lead and support the implementation of PR, corporate giving and marketing activities to promote and support the strategic objectives and business goals of FTD Companies. In this role, the Senior Public Relations Manager will assist in managing FTD's PR agency of record MullenLowe, strategic planning, and daily execution. This individual should have a healthy mindset in PR rationale and will lead, execute and assist in PR programs for the FTD Company brands.
In this role, you will run PR projects from start to finish and will work closely with the PR Director and cross-functional teams, including the FTD brand team, marketing, merchandising, planning, HR and legal.
The Senior PR Manager role is a part of the Acquisition Marketing team, within the PR department, and contributes to brand-building and customer acquisition goals of the business.
What you will contribute:
- Develop public relations strategies that support overall marketing, corporate and business goals, under the direction of the Public Relations Director.
- Work closely with PR director and FTD's PR Agency -- MullenLowe to develop and execute day-to-day responsibilities.
- Create media strategies and angles and run media programs from start to finish
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing FTD to customers, the public, media, and other external sources.
- Proactively seek media opportunities for FTD Companies across all media formats - print, online, broadcast, blogs, etc. Manage reactive media inquiries.
- Draft, edit and review pitch letters, media advisories, press releases, fact sheets, lookbooks, and other communications.
- Supervise and assist in developing and updating the FTD Companies media contact list
- Oversee media monitoring, measurement, and reporting.
- Plan and execute events.
- Assist with and implement other special projects or research assignment initiatives as assigned. Conduct industry research and market intelligence, as appropriate.
- Must take direction well, be a team player and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage up and meet objectives/deadlines.
- Maintain excellent communication with PR director, brand team and other departments.
- Promote and uphold FTD's mission, vision, and values.
What we seek:
- B.A. in communications, public relations or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in public relations
- Agency experience a bonus
- Expertise in media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including CisionPoint. Including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Proficient computer skills in required systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with TrendKite
What we offer:
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- During peak season this role requires overtime, during off-peak, we offer Summer hours
Join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! At FTD you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Give FTD a look! This positions home base will be Chicago, Illinois. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company - join our family!