Sr. Marketing Manager, Partner & Channel
Jellyvision is hiring a Sr. Marketing Manager, Partner & Channel!
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents ofALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. To help people understand their benefits, we design interactive experiences based on proven behavioral science principles, and we personalize our products to make them relevant to each individual user. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world.
We’re looking for a talented marketing leader to run our partner & channel marketing program, supporting our channel sales team and partners with the messaging, tools, and campaigns they need to be successful. There is tremendous opportunity in this role, as you’ll be supporting a sales team of nearly 20 folks (a 300% increase from last year!). Additionally, you’ll be driving the strategy behind recruiting and onboarding new business partners and working with some of the country’s most influential brokerages, carrier partners and industry leaders.
Ideally, you’ll be partner-obsessed and have specific experience in a channel marketing role. Additionally, you need to be entrepreneurial and someone who thrives on working within a lean, collaborative, super fun team. Bonus points for existing knowledge of the insurance broker space and/or 5-10 years of experience.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for a person who is:
- Dedicated to helping the sales team win. At Jellyvision, sales and marketing are BFFs. As the channel and partner marketing manager, you’ll make sure you’re in lock step with the channel sales team’s needs. You’ll work very closely with sales leadership, including the Director of Channel Sales, to make sure their team is on track to hit its goals by implementing and communicating a strong vision.
- A powerhouse at prioritizing projects in order to develop and execute a channel marketing plan that makes the most short-term and long-term impact. Some projects are neatly prioritized, with whipped cream and cherries on top, and others are, well, a little messier. You’ll make sure the most impactful short-term initiatives are in the immediate view, and the long-term initiatives are still in the peripheral. It’ll also be important to be flexible, as these priorities can change to meet the demands of the market and sales team.
- Great at developing and nurturing industry relationships. Because helping our channel partners crush their goals is so important to us, you’ll need to get on calls, go to conferences (about 5-10% travel involved) and really get to know the key people at our strategic partnerships. Equally important will be driving partnership programming to make our channel champions successful with ALEX.
- In sync with the partner personas to create the most relevant marketing copy and collateral. Most often, you’ll be the first marketer to take a pass at copy for emails, decks, one-sheeters and other sales collateral, which means you’ll need to have a very clear understanding of pain points, seasonal relevancy, and calls-to-action. Additionally, when sales needs come up, it’ll be crucial to understand what the marketing team has that can be deployed or re-worked to accomplish the goal.
- Comfortable balancing and coordinating with stakeholders. As we have stakeholders in many departments (creative, sales, product, project management, legal, etc.) you’ll need to make sure each stakeholder is heard, and then drive decisions.
- An effective, concise communicator. There is a lot of information, and it’ll be up to you to make sure those aforementioned stakeholders are up to speed. You’ll need to know who owns a part of the project, and who just needs to be informed. And those communications need to be concise and jargon-free.
- Biased towards action and doesn’t require much guidance. We’re moving pretty fast, and you’ll need to be comfortable choosing a point of view and a path forward with imperfect data. Our channel sales team has recently scaled up, and with growth naturally comes a (sometimes) steep learning curve.
- A servant leader – a good listener, humble, helpful, enabling, team oriented. We’re a humble crew. Our product and our company mission is about helping people. We want helpers on our team!
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!