Sr. Media Buyer at Affinitiv
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
The Senior Media Buyers are responsible for all media-buying for their clients, both linear and some digital TV. They are responsible for delivering optimal brand presence across advertising channels, traditional and digital, including Cable, Radio, Broadcast, Digital TV, and Outdoor Billboard. The primary goal is to ensure our clients advertisements are seen by the most people possible for that target audience within a provided budget. They develop and maintain relationships with local media reps to ensure our clients get the best packages & rates available and are experts within their media market.
- Develops media objectives and strategies to meet client needs.
- Has fiscal responsibility of staying within the client’s budget.
- Performs research using a wide range of specialist media resources.
- Collects and analyzes sales and consumer data.
- Analyzes effectiveness of campaigns and uses data for future campaigns.
- Leads planning for all client media investments.
- Ability to help with new business presentations typically needing deep research and done in PowerPoint with short lead-time.
- Responsible for evaluation of sponsorships, sports packages, digital opportunities and trade opportunities.
- Must be expert in all active buying markets and aware of market conditions and changes.
- Responsible for market planning, projection, negotiation, stewardship, reporting, and added value negotiation.
- Steward schedule performance and ensure all buys are running as planned or makegoods are being secured in flight.
- Buyer requests avails and inputs inventory into Smart Plus.
- Estimates ratings and negotiates all avails against given cost parameters and client guidelines and strategies.
- Negotiates on aggressive CPPs (cost per point) by daypart.
- Buy is executed according to designated plan, purchasing authorized dayparts as efficiently as possible.
- Buyer holds stations accountable for agreed ratings and rotations.
- Works with billers to resolve discrepancies and often is responsible for handling billing for key accounts.
- Checks invoices for accuracy.
- Troubleshoots and reconciles media billing discrepancies.
- Meets strict and tight deadlines.
- Carefully analyze media schedules to determine poor rotations, missed spots, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure with extreme accuracy in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle last minute changes while multi-tasking and still meets all deadlines.
- Provide yearly synopsis of negotiated bonus weight and added value.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Position requires knowledge of Nielsen and Arbitron ratings data for local TV/radio/Cable
- Knowledge of buying programs such as Smart Plus, Strata and Donovan
- 5+ years experience in media buying
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Demonstrates solid technical and negotiating skills
- Solid relationships with vendors.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.