Sr Mgr, Planning & Campaign Management
Provide leadership to a team of Campaign Planners and budget operations professionals. Lead the development and implementation of all marketing planning activities.
Oversee the implementation of marketing and business activities resulting in 1000+ yearly activities with a focus on large, integrated, multi-channel marketing projects. Develop and manage accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables, and tasks, ensuring problems are addressed appropriately for projects managed across your team. Organize the marketing team in partnership with a large number of cross-functional team members per project.
Develop framework for Marketing Planning activities that align with milestones associated with in-home dates and financial deliverables.
Develop and drive cross-functional planning process with channel leads, customer strategy leads, and finance to ensure accurate planning on an ongoing basis.
Manage all financial-related operations of advertising spend ensuring accuracy and reporting is aligned with finance on budget/forecasts.
Develop and leverage broad influence across the department in order to continuously improve the planning process, on time delivery of projects and the tools needed to optimize budget spend.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive cross-functional financial and business planning process with channel leads, customer strategy leads, and finance to ensure accurate planning on an ongoing basis
- Develop framework for Marketing Planning activities that align with milestones associated with in-home dates and financial deliverables.
- Actively track resource allocation across the business priorities.
- Assign and oversee the implementation of 1000 + marketing projects
- Consistently monitor project progress and delivery against critical milestone dates.
- Utilize creative problem solving within project plans to best achieve delivery the project on time and on objective - take corrective action to keep the projects assigned to the team on track.
- Ensure a responsive, seamless, on-time and on-budget process from start to finish across the team.
- Assign resources at weekly intake meeting, and then constantly balance workloads across all project resources to ensure consistent throughput.
- Ensure business partners and creative resources are continuously aligned on the scope of the project, the timing of key deliverables, and the health of each project.
- Build and foster open lines of communication with the direct managers of resources aligned to the team's projects.
- Escalate and engage with stakeholders on risk mitigation plans.
- Manage all costs within each of your projects to ensure the project delivers to a pre-approved level.
- Track, measure, and enforce the data quality of time spent per project across the team
- Facilitate Marketing expenses of $100M+ across 20+ owners to ensure they applied correctly and aligned to the correct budgets/cost centers so total roll up costs for Finance are accurate and variances can be identified
- Ensure alignment with Finance on budget/forecasts
- Facilitate the campaign and reforecasting process
- Manage month end budget process
- Oversee Marketing year end steps
- Directs $100M + central receiving of all Marketing/Ecom and research invoices
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 7+ years marketing project experience, or equivalent work experience in managing multiple projects of similar scope and complexity
- 3-5 years in financial planning and budget management
- BA in marketing, business, MBA preferred.
- Prior team management experience of 5+ years preferred
- Expertise in project management best practices, tools, and processes. Certifications from PMI, or certifications in Lean/Agile practices preferred.
- Deadline driven
- High attention to detail
- Management in the execution of large, multi-channel marketing projects.
- Large, corporate environment with a diverse range and large quantity of simultaneous projects
- Ability to engage and influence leadership and project team members while building consensus for proposed solutions.
- Strong experience in influencing vertically and influencing without authority to reach project objectives in a large, matrixed organization.
- Creative problem solving on issues of large complexity in a manner that builds consensus across multiple resource pools
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Detailed oriented with proven ability to consistently anticipate next steps
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.