Sr. Product Marketing Manager
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Product Marketing Lead will help drive SAP Fieldglass’ global strategy for marketing the SAP Fieldglass solution set (enterprise, Flex, Live Insights, etc.). This will involve creating content and messaging to support campaigns, sales plays, and digital strategies along with developing strong partnerships across SAP marketing and SAP Fieldglass marketing and sales teams.
This role will be responsible for understanding overall business goals and working collaboratively with broader teams to successfully plan, launch and measure marketing programs to meet those goals.
- Customer intimacy – Develop an “outside in” understanding of the market, competition, and customer needs and translate those into market insights
- Core content development – Develop and own product positioning and messaging that differentiates SAP Fieldglass solutions in the market. Act as subject matter expert to define the positioning and messaging that will be integrated into marketing programs and campaigns
- Lead the development of go-to-market plans – Guide market and competitive analysis, strategy, customer segmentation, product positioning, naming conventions, value propositions, and lifecycle marketing programs
- Solution adoption - Establish, maintain and leverage partnerships with product management, engineering, solution consulting, professional services and sales to drive internal and external readiness for adoption and in-market success for new products
- Solution evangelist - Serve as an internal and external evangelist for SAP Fieldglass solutions and provide subject matter expertise when working with teams across SAP
- Strategic planning – Contribute to marketing business planning based on corporate priorities and untapped opportunities. Deliver highly effective recommendations to support development of the overall marketing plan
- Integrated program planning and support – Provide expert contributions to integrated marketing programs through development of strategic messaging, positioning, content creation, and solution expertise. Work with stakeholders across marketing and sales to define and execute the tactics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field. Advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years of experience in solution/product marketing preferably within an enterprise SaaS organization
- You are a natural leader who can gain respect and buy-in from cross-functional partners
- You have experience working with teams spread across a geographically dispersed, multi-disciplined organization
- You are a natural storyteller with a passion for technology, marketing, innovation and SaaS solutions
- You can distill complex and highly technical ideas into meaningful content, adapted by audience and industry
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to adapt to changing scenarios, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done
- You see ambiguity as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle and thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking
- You are results-driven and want to show the impact that you are driving and are passionate about demonstrating that value to your key stakeholders
- You have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights