Sr. Product Marketing Manager
About the Marketing Team:
Our Marketing team is focused on doing everything we can to help add new customers to our expanding customer roster and keep those customers happy once they’re on board with us. We’re passionate about understanding customer needs and explaining to the market how our solutions help solve those needs. Here at Label Insight, our Marketing, Product and Sales teams are super collaborative and we all work together to ensure the success of every team member.
Who You Are:
You’re a results-driven professional who’ll play a critical role in the achievement of our financial goals. You get excited by using data to assess product/market fit and are energized by developing product positioning and messaging that moves the needle. You are as comfortable in a product stand as you are in a customer meeting. You’ve worked in an early-stage environment where you’ve successfully balanced strategic-thinking for tomorrow with the need to get a lot of stuff done and launched in-market today. You’re a passionate advocate for the customer.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Create customer needs based narratives and differentiated value propositions to support our new customer acquisition, upsell and retention goals.
- Become an expert in our solution and how it solves customer problems.
- Define buyer personas and leverage them to build persuasive messaging.
- Develop a cohesive story that unifies our product portfolio and clearly differentiates our value.
- Map our customer journey and develop a content strategy for each stage to help us achieve our new revenue and customer retention goals.
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop and deliver solutions that anticipate the demands of the market. Synthesize market, customer and sales needs to help the product teams prioritize. Partner closely with Product Management to translate product features into customer value propositions.
- Help Sales better understand the problems we solve for our customers, and develop internal tools and external collateral to help them tell our story.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and keep a pulse on the competitive landscape.
- Be a champion of the customer to ensure internal perspective and alignment is always driven by an external market perspective.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years experience required in software marketing and/or product marketing.
- Proven track record creating value through strategic product marketing in B2B SaaS industry (experience in e-commerce a plus).
- Experience helping an early-stage technology company scale.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix with a command of best practices across marketing, product strategy, and positioning.
- Incredibly organized with a track record of successfully managing projects to achieve desired outcomes.
- Hands-on experience creating content and delivering it to market through a variety of touchpoints.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive amidst change and constructively achieve consensus amongst diverse stakeholders.
We Share a Common Purpose:
Label Insight’s purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled transparency.
We Live Our Values:
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration & Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty & Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
The Benefits & Perks of Joining Us:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible paid time-off on top of 12 business days for standard holidays (Label Insight is closed for 1 week during the winter holiday season)
- Company subsidized health insurance, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance Policy and STD/LTD
- Transportation/Commuter benefits
- Employment Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance and Management Training Programs
- Casual and collaborative, open-layout work space - dog-friendly office in Chicago
- Catered team lunches - every other week
- Cold brew and beer on tap
- Regularly scheduled team gatherings
*At Label Insight we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and qualifications. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.