Strategic Marketing Manager
- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
We are looking for a Strategic Marketing Manager to perform and implement daily operational activities that impact components/ processes of the Strategic Marketing work function and may include responsibilities in the area of: loyalty marketing, database marketing, data analytics and reporting, content creation, project management, consumer insights, consumer research, customer experience, training, and mortgage operations.
- Identifies and determines likely opportunities for improvement. Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments to eliminate problems / roadblocks as they occur or before they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Participating in development and enhancement of current and new initiatives/programs to optimize consumer awareness, market share, overall efficiencies and support specified work function initiatives.
- Running ad-hoc analyses to identify, recommend innovative options to drive business strategy, and performing research to identify industry trends/best practices
- Constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement and deliver improved results.
- Monitor and calculate customer success key performance indicators such as Customer Satisfaction Score and Net Promoter Score and create custom reports for leadership
- Manage the customer surveying strategy via internal tools and support teams. Research survey best practices for distribution, frequency, formatting and style. Perform A/B testing in subsets of markets for smarter and more effective customer surveying strategies
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes and operational efficiencies. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions/initiatives.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to specified area of responsibility and constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement, support established standards and deliver improved results. May design specifications of assigned initiatives and may lead in implementation. Become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Works on variable-sized project and may lead some project work streams, as necessary. Ensures project initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet business units’ needs.
- Communicates effectively and tailors communications appropriately to different audiences.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of the specified area and works with internal/external resources to build confidence in partners and build own abilities within area of responsibility.
- Mentors less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree – Marketing or related field
- 3-5 yrs. experience in loyalty marketing or customer experience in B2C environment
- 2-3 yrs project management experience
- 1-2 yrs of mortgage/loan origination operations highly preferred
- Great problem solver, can quickly analyze and interpret a situation or data set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Very strong Excel skills – familiar with large datasets, formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills – flexibility around projects is a must
- Experience presenting to all levels, including executive leadership
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.