Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We’re building a best-in-class product organization, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us! Avant is looking for a Technical Product Manager (TPM) to lead our marketing capabilities which covers both the digital marketing CX on our web app and mobile app assets as well as our marketing technology partners. This role will have an exciting opportunity to impact how Avant engages prospects in the first stage of their customer journey.
The TPM team’s charter is to help bring the business vision and strategy to life. As a TPM you will be focused on solutioning business needs and leading delivery with engineering. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Technical Product Management.
This role is remote eligible!
What you do at Avant:
- Define the product development strategy and roadmap for our marketing capabilities
- Oversee the management of capabilities in production including both maintenance and iteration leveraging customer feedback and data
- Partner with the Technical Product Manager who is managing the backlog with engineering by defining the prioritization and high level requirements
- Research the technical landscape, evaluate potential technology partners and provide perspective and insights on the technical product direction
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Innovation team by creating and executing product development plans to deliver on key business initiatives
- Establish product guiding principles and standards for technology services
- Demonstrate high empathy for our customers and incorporate their needs into your roadmap
- Potential opportunity for people management as the team scales
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BS/BA degree. MBA is a plus.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in product management or engineering leadership roles
- 3+ years of relevant experience working on prospect marketing in fintech or similar industry
- Experience working with prospect marketing technologies like a Customer Data Platform
- Demonstrated experience in taking high level business requirements and being able to create a delivery plan, execute on that plan and learning from iterating on the plan to achieve the desired outcomes
- High customer empathy
- Agile development in a production environment at a startup or tech organization
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers and data scientists to understand the technical scope of products and features
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders across the organization, with an eye towards building cross-functional collaboration and support
- You are excited about building the business of Avant as a cohesive whole, not just building features or products in isolation
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get sh!t done!"
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.