Technical Writer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
- Work with project managers and engineers to produce and maintain high quality customer documentation including: Operational Manuals, Technical Manuals, Proposals, Whitepapers, User Guides, API Developer Guides, etc.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in presentation material provided to our customers
- Oversee documentation configuration management and version control
- Create and maintain templates for use by engineers and project managers in documenting project and product information such as requirements, architecture, etc
- Maintain a library of technical documentation delivered to the customer
- Produce electronic documentation and hard copy manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of GIT and BitBucket
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar field
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.