VERTICAL MARKETING MANAGER (CPG)
Vertical Marketing Manager (CPG) - (0102713)
Marketing Manager, CPG Vertical
What’s the role?
The Marketing Manager, Verticals will serve as a key player in building messaging and marketing strategies that will differentiate our Epsilon-Conversant vertical solutions in the market.
This individual will be responsible for building, supporting and delivering the marketing and go-to-market plans for the CPG vertical and the Grocery retailer vertical. In collaboration with business, product and sales leaders, this role will help define the strategy and differentiators that tell our story to our defined target audiences.
The Marketing Manager, Verticals will combine an in-depth understanding of marketing in specific vertical industries with knowledge of the market conditions and competitive landscape to drive our marketing programs across channels.
The candidate must have a proven ability to develop solid go-to-market strategies, vertical solution positioning and value propositions, sales and marketing collateral, thought leadership content and sales training materials. This role will be an expert in Epsilon-Conversant solutions, our clients and their buying criteria, and will leverage that knowledge to create compelling experiences that drive engagement and clarity.
The role will be working in a collaborative environment across Epsilon-Conversant with experts who know the vertical industries well.
We’re looking for someone with background creating effective content and marketing strategies tailored to CPG marketers that wants to bring new ideas to life to grow the business.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between Business leadership, Sales, Product and Marketing to plan and implement vertical go-to-market stories that stress our differentiated capabilities
- Act as a subject matter expert for both Epsilon and Conversant’s vertical offerings to help develop impactful messaging that features cross-company positioning
- Conduct market research and benchmarking, gain customer feedback and gather competitive insights
- Lead efforts on marketing and sales collateral such as presentations, one-sheets, case studies, videos, and infographics
- Evolve the presence of the verticals on our websites
- Help establish and maintain consistent messaging throughout communications, promotions and events
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, product managers and each of our channels to develop annual marketing plan
- Develop the strategy and collaborate with the marketing team to implement integrated marketing and advertising campaigns that drive demand for vertical solutions
- Be flexible and collaborative with other areas of the Epsilon-Conversant business that are crucial to the success of the programs we develop
Let’s Talk About Who You Are:
- Located in Chicago
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university
- 5+ years; strong CPG marketing background and ideally experience with fast-moving marketing services, enterprise SaaS companies, or advertising technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with and present to all levels and functions of the organization
- An entrepreneurial attitude with start-up mentality and the ability to be flexible
- High degree of professionalism and demonstrated history of building relationships with leadership
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with a strong ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- The ability to project manage with remote contributors and stakeholders efficiently and effectively
- Creative, resourceful, results-oriented and collaborative team player
- Highly organized with good follow through capabilities
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Workfront, Hubspot, or Salesforce experience beneficial