Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to offer accessible products and a top-rated experience to everyday consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
OppFi is a team of caring and innovative individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work everyday and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!What you get to do:
Reporting to our Chief Compliance Officer, you will build and oversee the implementation of the Company's ERM Program and establish its risk framework.
- Build, coach, and assist an ERM team in preparing and delivering annual, quarterly, or more frequent, risk assessments to measure, aggregate, and report on risk profile across products and risk categories (e.g. reputation, strategic, credit, operational, compliance, finance, and information security)
- Watch and report on agreement on Board established risk appetite and strategy. Update risk appetite statements and essential risk indicators to align to our goals and strategy
- Ensure that all relevant risks and controls are identified, assessed, monitored, managed and reported in accordance with the risk management framework
- Develop appropriate project risk and control documentation
- Assist employees in all Business Units with control testing and monitoring - performing 2nd line of defense oversight
- Oversee the third-party vendor management program
- Want to recognize areas for risk management improvement and develop plans for implementation of such improvements
- Maintain a working knowledge of company policies and procedures and in particular SOX and consumer finance regulatory policies, to ensure compliance with all measures
- Learn and contribute to the Company's entire business, including what drives corporate strategy, how the organization operates and drives earnings, and how risk management can support these corporate goals while ensuring sound controls are in place
- 10+ years' risk management or similar experience in financial services or related regulatory agencies, CPA or appropriate certifications as plus
- Experience managing an enterprise risk management department in a public company
- Management experience with the skills to promote a core support function and coordinate between multiple business and support units
- Knowledge of risk assessment, controls, data risk management, and reporting
- Strong critical thinking to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment
- Successful project management skills; exhibit initiative and intuitive thinking; and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Experience with a Governance, Risk and Compliance system (Workiva, LogicGate experience)
- Experience documenting and assessing internal controls for banking and corporate processes
- Knowledge of SOX, general banking operations, banking and lending products, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Vendor Management and Governance frameworks and processes
- Experience responding to requests from the financial industry regulators
- Experience creating Board, Audit Committee and Executive reporting on the ERM function
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].