Vice President, Marketing - Rise Retail
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Vice President of Marketing for Rise is responsible for driving sales and market share growth of Rise on a national scale. To date, Rise has 18 stores open nationally with a robust growth pipeline. Rise is on a mission to empower the right to wellness and progress responsible adult use of cannabis by providing access to high quality cannabis products in a people-first retail environment. We’re looking for a highly progressive VP of Marketing to re-imagine what it means to lead, engage and activate a highly loyal consumer in a rapidly evolving retail environment. As the VP of Marketing, you will continuously build, develop, and most importantly execute the Rise brand via innovation in merchandising, loyalty, digital programming, events, etc. With a focus on national scale and local community programming, the VP of Marketing will take their best-in-class retail experience and apply an entrepreneurial approach to our growing business. This position will work cross-functionally with our consumer products business as well as lead their teams to ensure programs are tailored, optimized and executed effectively to drive business. At GTI, the parent company of Rise, you will be challenged, celebrate wins, and inspire impact while we work together to lead this brand-new industry with integrity, high quality and, always people-first. Are you ready for the rocket ship?
- Lead the development of the Rise omni-channel marketing strategy to drive traffic, transactions, and customer engagement in all retail channels with marketing initiatives and programs including loyalty, merchandising, sampling, brand communication, product and category navigation, point-of-sale, promotions and events
- Participate in the creation and the development of a long-term strategic plan for the Rise retail brand.
- Continuously develop and maintain the Rise brand to ensure consistency at the national level with local execution focused on community activation that delights the Rise consumer
- Establish, track, and make data-driven recommendations based on Key Performance Indicators that drive loyalty and lifetime value; Deploy monthly dashboards to drive continuous improvement and positive ROI.
- Foster a culture of continuous experimentation and improvement with an ongoing test and learn approach.
- Strategize and plan with local markets when opening new retail formats from conception to implementation of approach, product assortment, brand messaging, value expression, merchandising, and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead all marketing and event strategies. Collaborate with the field marketing and outreach teams on the guest experience and community engagement activation.
- Stay informed on current competitor and industry trends in visual merchandising, consumer marketing and retail marketing. Omni-channel Loyalty Program and Guest Relationship Management
- 12+ years of marketing experience in a progressive retail or hospitality environment
- Strong understanding of the category, consumers, and ability to connect with them through a cultural lens
- Ability to interact, network, and build credibility for both themselves and the brand
- Digital and community Marketing knowledge
- Communicate effectively inside and outside the organization
- Concrete experience managing complex projects and programs that have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to think strategically and critically.
- Strong team-orientation
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- A keen eye for design with creative passion
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Proactive, solutions-oriented. Ready to jump in head first!
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding, or passion to further your understanding and knowledge of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description