Vice President, Marketing Solutions Architect at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The VP, Solutions Architect provides thought leadership to portfolio and sector leads and to the corresponding horizontal engagement liaisons regarding marketing technology offerings. Responsible for aligning client/vertical strategies to the appropriate technology and service components both within Epsilon and with our network of partners. Works with groups from across Epsilon (technology, digital, data, & agency) to determine best offerings for our clients, to present our capabilities, and to become a trusted advisor to C-level executives with our top clients across multiple industries. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in business development, strategy, product roadmap planning, assessment, and delivery of digital marketing solution capabilities.
If you are a Martech Leader and SaaS expert who thrives on driving change and innovation for customer experience and can transform the big picture into an executable roadmap that delivers on client’s marketing strategy, then this is the role for you!
The VP, Solutions Architect must have a proven track record in architecting, designing, and participating in the delivery of complex marketing technology projects involving both database and interactive technologies. Individuals should have a strong grasp of database architecture, data modeling, and system integration, as well as a solid grasp of infrastructure, particularly cloud deployment experience. Individuals should have strong communication (written and oral) skills and able to collaborate with client and Epsilon internal teams.
Lastly, a VP, Solutions Architect must be passionate about documenting best practices, standards and points of view on technical topics. We are looking for this individual to help build the knowledge base of technical leads and junior architects within Epsilon as well as ensure consistency and repeatability of our technical solution development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates technical solutions to address client business needs based on Epsilon PeopleCloud components.
- Partners with business stakeholders, management, teams and customers to identify needs and guide the delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology infrastructures and use of third-party applications.
- Acts as the trusted advisor to our top strategic accounts by identifying and bring technical improvement opportunities to Epsilon and client teams.
- Participates and collaborates in RFP process and will be responsible for bringing them together to create a holistic response; develops technical deliverables in support of sales pursuits (i.e. detailed solution scope assumptions and pricing estimates for infrastructure, technical content for pitch).
- Establishes a roadmap to develop options and recommendations on transformation & migration plan from current to future state; transforms the roadmap and solution blueprint into implementable architectural components and specifications.
- Prioritizes, develops and documents technical best practices and standards; champions them within the organization
- Participates in client requirements sessions and provides the mapping of client needs to internal SaaS products as well as custom development/services.
- Provides consultation to the delivery team in developing level-of-effort estimations of marketing solutions.
- Develops high level technical deliverables in support of client solutions, such as data models, context/data flow diagrams, architectural and/or interface diagrams.
- Contributes to the design and continued improvement of our marketing SaaS platforms and solution products
- Provides hands-on troubleshooting and consulting for solution performance challenges or project delivery concerns if needed
- Recommends and evaluates new marketing technology products and service offerings
- Participates in technical roadmap assessment projects, following engagement methodologies in place.
- 15+ years’ experience with software implementation (preferably marketing applications) from requirement through design, development and client acceptance
- 10+ years of experience with end-to-end marketing ecosystem solution.
- Experience working in an agency or consulting company across multiple industries.
- Deep technical and architectural expertise with SaaS-based products.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Conceptual understanding the following protocols: JSON, XML; REST; Kafka
- Knowledge in performance tuning of an enterprise application, across all tiers like infrastructure/web and DB
- Strong knowledge of ETL, Business Intelligence and Campaign Management tools and applications
- Strong knowledge Big Data Technologies
- Experience with designing and deploying AWS-based solutions
- Experience in configuration and/or deployment of SaaS products
- Experience with multiple RDBMS (Oracle, Netezza, and SQL Server)
- Experience working with Microsoft office products (PPT)
- Strong client interfacing background required
- Proven ability to mentor team members
- Ability to multitask and project manage in high productivity environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audience
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.