Vice President, Marketing Technology at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
At Discover Financial Services (DFS) you will find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at the company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Built on the foundation on mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
The Vice President, Marketing Technology will be a proven leader with a successful track record of partnering with key stakeholders to deliver innovative technology in a high-transaction, mission-critical environment. This executive will plays a significant role in bridging the gap between business, technology and analytics by consistently leveraging data to deliver cutting edge results.
This leader will be responsible for understanding technology and the customer journey, while building an enterprise wide framework.
- Implement new consumer marketing and advertising technology solutions that enable Discover to retain and grow its customer base across the enterprise.
- Implement scalable, innovative approaches to develop a customer oriented data environment that can drive meaningful customer interactions analyze the effect of those interactions.
- Build, lead and manage Discover’s marketing technology team to drive successful implementation of new data solutions.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop and implement an overall vision and strategic direction for the marketing technology group, and defining quality from a technological perspective.
- Build the technology and the platform that enables us to think from an enterprise perspective.
- Integrate inbound operations function and outbound channel functions.
- Assess and create an understanding of what customers respond best to, with sophistication and implementing into the architecture.
- Provide leadership over the implementation of marketing technology and customer data platforms enterprise wide.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to build the marketing technology function.
- Partner with the business to establish a robust framework that enables customer data to be utilizes in order to best understand the customer journey.
- Work with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Develop a culture which empowers high employee engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations.
- Continuously deliver practices to drive optimal efficiency and speed of innovation.
- Bachelors Degree (business, information technology, engineering)
- 15+ years related marketing technology, computer systems, software development, programming or platform development required
- Implemented customer data (CDP), journey orchestration (JO), and campaign management platforms
- Understanding of driving customer data, marketing campaigns, customer data that supports customer servicing
- Experience leading and scaling agile development teams focused on delivering business value
- Integrated scoring and segmentation logic from data scientists into the marketing data environment
- Experience with AdTech technologies such as Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and Demand Side Platforms (DSPs)
- Experience working with Tag Management Systems (TMS) and governance
- Experience leveraging walled garden environments (e.g. Google AdHub) to analyze marketing and campaign effectiveness
- Experience with web analytic platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- Experience managing creative digital content for use across marketing efforts – Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Experience orchestrating A/B testing throughout the marketing efforts (decisioning, digital assets, channels, etc.)
- Experience implementing customer and household matching solutions
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building a culture of innovation and orientation towards solutions (exploring open-source, thoughtful integrations, etc.)
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.