Vice President, Marketing at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We're looking for a leader with experience across all marketing verticals. This role will require you to play on all levels - from engaging with leadership across the organization, to rolling up your sleeves and working in the trenches with your team; from crafting effective messaging to approaching everything you and your team do from a data-driven angle. This is a department which has grown significantly over the last few years, and we're looking for someone to partner with our Chief Marketing Officer to help drive that continued growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to coach, develop, and up-level our Marketing team to be the best in the industry across all areas of marketing. We're looking for someone who can motivate and lead the team to execute creative marketing tactics, measure results and iterate quickly, deliver a huge impact on the business and the market, and raise the bar on how a high-performing team operates.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet with key stakeholders from Sales and Customer Success to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, differentiators, and where Marketing fits in, to design impactful marketing strategies
- Meet with Product to learn more about Litera's product and roadmap to gain a better understanding and identify the best ways for us to differentiate ourselves in the market.
- Meet with Marketing and the Evangelist team to understand more about the work we're doing to establish Litera as a thought leader in the sector, assess the success/potential of existing initiatives and identify where the opportunities are to build on the foundations we've created.
- Partner with the CMO and other organizational leaders to create v1 of a strategy and plan for growing organic lead flow, taking into account the nuances of the current economy and what you've learned about our business, product, opportunities, and market.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Socialize your strategy and plan with cross-functional stakeholders and incorporate input.
- Begin executing phase 1 of your plan with your team while measuring results on a daily/weekly basis; share out results with the executive team, your key stakeholders, and the broader company; and iterate.
- Lead your team in revamping our website to include more content that's relevant to our user base, with the goal of driving more traffic, engagement, and leads.
- Pilot new marketing channels based on data and intel.
- Evangelize Litera through speaking engagements, webinars, and other opportunities.
- Produce a method and cadence for regularly reporting out on key metrics to the relevant stakeholders.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Scale organic lead flow through implementing, tracking, and adjusting your strategy and plan.
- Based on results from pilots, double down on channels that have performed well and scale back the rest.
- Establish a plan for both individual and departmental development, combined with a strong network of suitable talent to enable growth.
- An inspirational leader, able to develop a creative, and results-driven culture that inspires people to do their best work
- You not only get things done and routinely meet metric-based goals, but have ability to lead a team to do the same
- Can thrive in a dynamic, high speed environment
- High EQ and ability to lead with positive influence
What Sets Us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with our upper management team
- Work with a team that has a proven track record year over year
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Access to personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system
- Great health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, & more!