Paylocity is searching for an ambitious Vice President of Marketing to focus on building and leading a world class marketing team. The role primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence, and the development of an aggressive marketing plan and owning the execution thereof.
Reporting to the President and Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Marketing will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful record of accomplishment of leading and managing all corporate marketing efforts, including but not limited to: brand strategy, creative, product marketing, content marketing, events, public relations, social media marketing, corporate website, and marketing communications.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead strategic planning and the development and implementation of integrated corporate marketing initiatives, including: brand identity, product marketing, content marketing, creative, marketing communications, corporate events and tradeshows, social media, corporate website, communities, and public relations. Define metrics of success, measure impact and performance, and optimize to hit target results.
- Activate the Paylocity brand vision across all company verticals, communicating the story of the company’s product, process, people, and purpose with honesty, authenticity, and fervor.
- Act as the core marketing and execution strategist for marketing and communication initiatives that will result in increased visibility, competitive edge, and profitable growth.
- Define and ensure consistency of our vision, mission, values etc. across all our communications, working with various constituencies,
- Lead and advise leadership on delivering an external client-facing message that aligns with the company’s strategic direction and goals. Responsible for framework and guidelines for corporate presentations, communications, presentations, blogs, etc.
- Initiate and supervise the development of content such as blogs, press releases, corporate news for customer loyalty and prospect engagement with our brand, consistent with our core positioning and supporting our go-to-market activities.
- Create and define strategy for internal and external events, including, guest speakers selection, negotiating contracts, organizing forum events, ensuring wide-range client and/or internals participation.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services, including managing marketing budget and vendor relationships to maximize ROI and reduce costs.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all facets of our marketing channels, promotional materials, and events. Create a climate that attracts, retains and motivates staff to reach high quality standards for corporate marketing team, coaching more junior members.
- Develops marketing staff by providing mentoring, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Develop product go-to-market plans, implement comprehensive digital marketing and customer loyalty strategies, as well as launch and lead unique marketing campaigns in support of our brand.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters of Business Administration in related discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience at senior management level.
- 7+ years of management experience, leading high-performing marketing team members.
- Metrics-¬oriented marketing leader; operates with a curiosity, open-¬mindedness, and confidence that will drive innovation and scale. Experience in all aspects of marketing
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the definition and execution of corporate marketing and communications.
- Experience managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of leadership, management, sales, and finance
- Strong business vision and ability to link marketing strategy and results to business and financial goals
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Extremely resourceful, highly creative
- Understanding of social media and strategic marketing opportunities
- Highly proficient in digital, marketing technology software, and various marketing related technologies
- Occasional travel is required.