Vice President of Marketing at Nerdery
The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for the overall marketing function of the company reporting directly to the CRO. The three primary areas of focus are:
- Marketing strategy, planning and research to drive growth for Nerdery in our existing clients and new clients.
- Demand Generation from the top of the funnel to the bottom with sales support including and execution of various marketing activities including building and managing Nerdery’s customer database, channel strategy, demand generation, lead nurturing, sales enablement, and program development.
- Brand management working closely with the Director of Brand, Content & Sales Support to position Nerdery clearly in the marketplace as a premier digital consultancy
You will be instrumental in evaluating and launching competitive and innovative new offerings to support sales objectives, add value, and deepen relationships with partner companies and organizations across healthcare, business, and technology industries.
This role will leverage deep skills in segmentation, communication, and analytics to build positive influence with our target audience. This position will serve as a strategic component across our integrated marketing approach, ultimately supporting Nerdery’s marketing and growth objectives.
Responsibilities/Duties (includes but not limited to)
Develop a marketing strategy & plan for inbound and outbound approaches to increase and expand these channels to drive funnel growth, progression, and conversion in the Healthcare, Industrial, Consumer Product Goods, and Government sectors/verticals. Assist in the building of a matrixed Nerdery team to do this and lead the team through the process.
Collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify and document ICPs for Nerdery's four strategic verticals.
Lead a cross-functional team to integrate Marketing & Business Development activities into a comprehensive plan to drive top of the funnel flow and progression to achieve documentable success that drives opportunities, signings/sales, and revenue generation.
Collaborate with brand marketing to create and implement omnichannel marketing campaigns to increase awareness, generate demand, and convert prospects into qualified leads.
Develop annual strategic planning and prioritization (B2B and B2B2C) and comprehensive plans that deliver on Nerdery objectives and bring strategies and tactics to market.
Identify and manage events opportunities that support growth within our verticals/sectors and create partnership potential with clients to promote success stories.
Coordinate and design digital user journeys to drive consumer engagement and deepen the relationship throughout each phase of the lifecycle.
Write effective creative briefs that clearly outline objectives and expectations to internal cross-functional partners including designers, writers, channel experts, and technical teams.
Provide ongoing management of CRM campaign development, management, and optimization of organic and paid acquisition channels including, but not limited to, pre-campaign analysis, ongoing campaign management, testing for increased performance, post-campaign analytics, learning, and recommendations for future campaigns.
Oversee the optimization of the marketing technology stack and consumer database including but not limited to marketing database and marketing automation platform including segmentation, CAN-SPAM, GDPR compliance, and data capture.
Identify new opportunities for digital marketing innovation, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements
Monitor and analyze performance indicators to draw conclusions, insights, and optimizations.
Create and deliver clear and actionable reporting.
Act as a liaison and consensus-builder between internal teams and client stakeholders to gain timely alignment and approval.
Adhere to the appropriate information security policies based on the sensitivity of company data and report any security-related issues.
Stay up to date with the changing digital marketing and business landscape
Manage & collaborate with the Director of Marketing - Brand/Content/Sales Support while providing autonomy to allow creativity to thrive
Be a mentor to other Nerds to grow their skills in the Marketing space & Healthcare/MedTech vertical
- 10+ years of digital marketing experience, within a technology or services-based business preferred. Healthcare industry experience is a plus but not required.
- BA or BS degree required preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field
- Proficiency with SEO, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and social platforms, along with basic knowledge of website design, HTML, search and social advertising, URL architecting, programmatic advertising, and email marketing
- Experience with marketing automation, client database management and CRM integration, NetSuite and Eloqua experience preferred, as well as Customer Insights management
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital analytic tools and the ability to interpret and act on insights that can be applied to the business
- Outstanding project management skills with proven experience managing end-to-end projects including managing budget, timelines/milestones, multiple partners, and deliverables
- Strong credibility and interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of marketing strategy & operations leveraging social platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Strong mentoring capabilities and capacities
- Strong preference for Marketing leadership experience in the Healthcare and Medical Technology industries