Vice President of Marketing
About the Role
The Vice President of Marketing at Narrative Science will be responsible for the development and execution of all marketing strategy including corporate marketing, branding, public relations, events, analyst relations, product marketing, channel marketing, demand generation and content marketing.
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will also build and deliver go-to-market messaging and materials for the entire product suite. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set the strategy for messaging that speaks to the appropriate C-level audience within top targets.
- Build the brand awareness for the company and product suite to clearly articulate the value and differentiate them in the market. Create a “pervasive brand”.
- Act as a company spokesperson including the management of media relations and engagement with customers and partners to highlight product suite offerings.
- Create and execute a demand generation strategy led by analytics and one that is also ROI driven.
- Harness analytics and metrics within the sales and marketing function. Track multiple sets of metrics for the appropriate audience (macro level for executive team and granular data for sales and marketing team members).
- Build the case proactively and retrospectively for marketing campaigns, industry conferences, and other marketing efforts where the company should invest capital and time. Back up strategies and initiatives with metrics and results.
- Drive thought leadership in the market through content marketing and other evangelical efforts.
- Own and lead the lifecycle of the product launch process. Make use of market research, clearly communicate the vision and competitive edge, create content to drive early adoption and fully arm sales and customer success teams.
- Transform the product marketing effort to an account based marketing approach. Create “bite-sized” buckets that will enable the sales team to hone in on specific targets.
- Integrate marketing strategies and communication programs to ensure consistent branding and messaging, as well as maximization of the marketing budget.
- Lead advertising, public relations, digital and social marketing campaigns including the management of external agencies – aligning expectations internally and externally.
- Enhance sales force effectiveness through the development and delivery of training, product communications, marketing strategies, and sales collateral.
- Ensure the organization is fully utilizing industry leading enterprise sales and marketing enabling applications including Salesforce, Marketo, Responsys, and Google Analytics.
- Develop and manage channel and partner marketing programs and cooperative marketing alliances.
- Help shape the company’s collaboration cross-functionally. Encourage transparent and direct lines of communication. Set and maintain the balance between sales, product and engineering.
- Become a trusted business partner with the other members of the Narrative Science senior leadership team.
- Quickly assess, augment, develop, coach, and provide feedback to the team, identifying opportunities for career enhancement and effective collaborative work practices.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior marketing strategy experience.
- Ability to influence and lead through exceptional communication skills.
- Proven success delivering market strategies, optimizing overall business performance, increasing revenue, and enhancing profitability.
- Must have strong collaboration and leadership abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Role specific experience as follows:
- Team Development & Leadership - Expertise evaluating, building, developing and motivating a marketing team to enable optimal performance and development of organizational competence.
- Operational Rigor - Evidence of the ability to operationalize the marketing function. Drive the maturation of a company's processes, metrics, reporting, etc., as it develops from early to growth-stage.
- Marketing Strategy - Expertise in developing and implementing a strategy for the marketing functions including: corporate marketing/branding, product marketing, content marketing, demand generation, public relations/events, analyst relations, and corporate communications.
- Complex Solutions - Proven ability working with a highly technical solution to position as a "have to have" solution.. Possesses the ability to appreciate the complexity of the technology, while being able to simplify it for a non-technical customer.
- Evangelist/Market Creation - Demonstrated the ability to inform and educate the market and customer base and launch an innovative, first to market solution. Success serving as the "voice of the customer" within the company and to "tell the story" to the market.
- Partner/Channel Marketing - Expertise in supporting successful partner marketing programs and cooperative marketing alliances.
About Narrative Science
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent
Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete transparency into how analytic decisions are made. Narrative Science has 120 employees and serves over 100 enterprise customers, including large financial institutions like American Century Investments, Credit Suisse, MasterCard, USAA, the largest consulting firms including Deloitte & PwC, and a number of government agencies within the U.S. Intelligence Community.