Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out that parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is a VP of Brand Marketing @ SpotHero?
SpotHero is looking for a VP of Brand Marketing to develop and execute a long-term brand marketing strategy for the organization. The primary goal will be to increase overall brand awareness and go-to-marketing strategies for SpotHero while managing diverse stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include agency management and team coaching, brand advertising and measurement, public relations, social strategy, advertising creative, editorial tone, and management of corporate events.
What you will get to do:
- Develop a symphonic brand marketing plan that pulls together working spend, communications, product development initiatives and plans, and other marketing efforts to build awareness for SpotHero.
- Manage budgets, headcount, and timelines.
- Conceive and roll out a brand awareness and measurement approach for our core and emerging markets. Measurement will include aided and unaided brand awareness surveys, enhancement of NPS, and collaboration with Data Science teams to measure the efficacy of higher-funnel brand-centric working spend.
- Design and manage a brand scorecard to track brand equity to help quantify and manage the impact of brand investments.
- Develop and execute a content and communications plan, including: Public Relations; Blog; Site Editorial; Microsites; and Social Media.
- Dominate industry “thought leadership” in partnership with internal stakeholders to enhance business-to-business efforts.
- Hire and manage agencies as appropriate for PR and/or Brand Marketing.
- Back up good ideas and visually compelling concepts with the data to demonstrate a business case.
Who you are:
- You are an empathetic and an influential leader. You are able to handle differences of opinion in a professional and respectful manner.
- You are a team player. You are a collaborator and passionate about building a high performing team by developing team knowledge, skills, and career growth
- Exceptional presenter who inspires leadership and cross-functional teams to follow you to the top of the hill. You can take complex problems or concepts and lay out solutions that are simple and concise.
What you bring:
- Demonstrated marketing leadership experience, with an emphasis on brand development and communications. In house marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrable experience building an iconic brand including specific client-side operating experience and hands-on experience designing and executing business-impactful campaigns and go-to-market plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or a relevant field and/or MBA are ideal but your operating competence matters more.
- Ability to optimize the mix of working spend in connection with company financial objectives
- Working understanding of traditional (TV, radio, print, out-of-home) and digital media (social media, content, and emerging platforms).
- Experience managing visual designers, writers, and communications channels.
- Experience with e-commerce and earlier-stage companies and comfort with complexity, ambiguity and fast-paced culture
Taking a new route? Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you & hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits – We cover 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.