VP, Digital Advertising Operations at Tribune Publishing
Tribune is one of the country's premier media companies, with publishing and digital operations in the Nation’s major
markets. This position provides operational oversight in the Digital Advertising Operations departments with overall
responsibility for employees charged with site and key initiative quality, verification and vendor review & evaluation for
Digital and providing ad trafficking & optimization services as well as Creative Design for Tribune Publishing websites.
In order to meet strategic goals for Tribune Publishing, the VP must partner with all disciplines within the Digital realm, as well as with other Tribune business units, to lead the development, management and continuous improvement of reporting, metrics, analysis, tools and sales support.
- Be the primary liaison for all internal groups (Sales, Newsroom, Marketing, and Tech) in developing and implementing digital products
- Responsible for proactive resource and headcount planning in conjunction with overall department and company goals.
- Oversee the operational roll-out and implementation of new products. Ensure that launches are designed to succeed
- Develop “Metrics that Matter”
- Identify essential technology and tools for the digital business
- Create ongoing staff development and skill enhancement programs
- Provide Financial reporting
- Provide analysis and actionable recommendations
- Streamline processes
- Retain and update system requirements
- Manage vendors related to AdOps and Creative Design
- Perform needs analysis with internal customers and identify gaps
- Represent Tribune on, and participate in, key industry related organizations
- Identify opportunities to improve quality throughout the sales pipeline
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience an operations environment.
- 5+ years in a management/ leadership role. 3+ years experience managing budgeting and planning processes.
- Experience with a variety of technologies used for metrics, including but not limited to: Dart for Publishers (DFP), Operative, Omniture, comScore, etc.
- Must have a strong customer focus and convey responsiveness and competence when dealing with Sales, Tribune business units, partners, 3rd party vendors, and staff.
- Excellent reporting and analysis skills, including deep understanding of Excel, Access, Sharepoint and other similar tools.
- High degree of integrity given the sensitivity of information.