VP of Marketing, Morningstar Investment Management at Morningstar
The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles to deliver great long-term investment results and help investors reach their financial goals. Our complete wealth management platform, Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, offers a broad lineup of multi-asset strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs that advisors can use to help meet their client’s needs at each stage of their life. The platform also offers access to content, events, and thought leadership from Morningstar to help advisors best serve their clients. Everything we do is driven by our independent view, long-term investment approach and desire to always put investors first. Our experienced professionals operate across the U.S., U.K., Australia, South Africa and other key financial centers worldwide.
We are looking for a VP of Marketing to join the team and propel the mission forward. You will report to the President and global Chief Investment Officer for Morningstar Investment Management (MIM). The MIM marketing head for each geographical region will have a reporting line to this position.
This new role will be responsible for the development of our global marketing strategy, the management of the global marketing budget and the development and delivery of our brand experience. You will leverage best practices, technologies and vendors from various partners in corporate marketing including digital, brand and experiential marketing. You will benefit and represent the business line in corporate marketing initiatives such as brand architecture and corporate campaigns. However, you will be fully responsible for the success of all marketing initiatives of the business line.
Marketing's mission is to define the desired client experience and provide the content-based programs, environments, materials and the distribution plan that will allow us to build and deepen relationships with like-minded financial advisors and investors of Morningstar Managed Portfolios to:
1. Drive assets under management with like-minded advisors
2. Deliver an engaging, service-oriented advisor experience spanning digital and traditional touchpoints
3. Create broader awareness of Morningstar’s investment philosophy, managed portfolio services and capabilities
This is a compelling opportunity for the right senior strategic marketer to shape our strategy and to grow our footprint to take advantage of the market opportunity. While the landscape is highly competitive, Morningstar brings many unique advantages which translate to tremendous growth and impact opportunities for the right senior marketing professional including leveraging and contributing to a brand that investors trust.
To be successful the right candidate must:
• Become a trusted voice with the other members of the MIM and corporate marketing senior leadership team.
• Provide a clear vision for brand strategy and experience to attract like-minded advisors to our Managed Portfolios community.
• Enhance sales force effectiveness through the development and delivery of training, product communications, marketing strategies, and sales collateral.
• Develop and manage channel and partner marketing programs and cooperative marketing alliances.
• Lead advertising, public relations, digital, and social marketing campaigns, including the management of external agencies – aligning expectations internally and externally.
• Harness analytics and metrics within the sales and marketing function. Track multiple sets of metrics for the appropriate audience (macro-level for executive team and granular data for sales and marketing team members).
• Assess, augment, develop, coach, and provide feedback to the team, identifying opportunities for career enhancement and effective collaborative work practices.
• 7-10+ years of senior marketing strategy experience. Ideally, 5 years of investment management or asset management experience at a major financial services provider. However, experience in other industries with significant retail experience in a B2B2C environment also highly desirable.
• Demonstrated success and significant experience in developing and executing market strategies, with experience in brand development, and digital, product and content-based marketing in a highly regulated industry.
• Demonstrated ability to create a successful marketing organization including coaching talent within a complex business and have demonstrated the ability to partner effectively in a matrix environment.
• MBA and/or CFA preferred
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity